Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hanging Leg Lifts

Tevdoradze David

Tevdoradze David

Good day! What is the proper way for leg lifts hanging on stall bar, on simple bar or on the rings..etc. shoulders activated or deactivated, or can it be performed with hollow body position in that case shoulders will be activated? Thank you!

Everett Carroll

Hi Tevdoradze,

Great question! You want to hang low, keeping your shoulders next to your ears. In Foundation One, hanging leg lifts on stall bars are covered in depth. If you are considering training these, I highly recommend that course. 

• Upvote 3

Julian Aldag

HLL on the rings or pull up bar with activate the lats more than on the stall bars.  To focus more on Abdominal + Hip flexor strength and pike compression use the stall bars. The initiation of the HLL begins by activating the Abs, flattening the lower back and tucking the pelvis under (Posterior Pelvic Tilt).

• Upvote 2

Alessandro Mainente

The only solution to do HLL on the bar it is to have monster traps and a very large grip.

• Upvote 1

Tevdoradze David

Good day..before starting training Front Lever, i started HLL but fully lowered down; meaning: core was not activated abs, shoulders, hollow body etc..'cos i was concentrated on straight arms but missed the shoulders which is engaged the lats as well and i realised there was a lapse in my Front lever or core training. If the one wants only Hip flexor strength and pike compression that's Ok but if the one fully activates a core then its  about two catch two rabits at the same time. That's my notice.