Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got my first ring muscle up

Marcus Patterson

Marcus Patterson

So I basically stopped training muscle ups over a year ago, and I was always really bad at them anyway. My tendontis used to flare up badly.

Then I started GB and have been at it nearly 10 months now. Pulling wise I am only just out of rc1 since it changed halfway through last year and left me starting at scratch again. Happily I have had no twinges since starting the course, and that must be due to the high reps, low weight ratio of the ring hinges and pulls I was doing. 

Anyway I saw a video today on the fb page of a guy doing a muscle up and I studied his hands movement closely. I have never ever done even one ring muscleup, just couldn´t understand how to do it at all. 

After studying the video a moment, I went outside, setup my rings, and tried it. It worked first time! This is perhaps my third attempt which I tried to tidy up a bit technique wise.

I appreciate I have a long way to go, but any pointers on where to start would be amazing.

Thanks GB movement!!!

p.s. ignore the mess in my house, so embarassed!

• Upvote 9

Gavin Strelitz

Nicely done. I would lower the straps a bit to allow for full arm extension at the top of the movement. You also want to turn the rings out at the top of the rep once your arms are locked. Search the forum, there has been alot posted about this.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Nice start. Now you have no excuse to not sail through F2 pulling ^_^ 

It's great to test yourself like this. The trick is to not try to test every couple weeks ^_^

Keep pullin :)

• Upvote 3

Marcus Patterson

In reality the F1 pulling is so freaking difficult I am going to be stuck on it for a while I think. Which means all the stronger when it comes to doing these for real. Cannot wait!