Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Performing dips on single bar or parallel bars?

Danny

Hey guys,

To add a question, when doing dips, should I do them on my pull-up bar (because i'm training for the muscle up on the bar) or should I do them on 2 paralel bars.. On paralel bars I can go very deep, on the bar not really..

Thanks, Danny.

EDIT: I moved this post as it will see more action, and might help people with similar questions find it - hope that's OK, George.

George Launchbury

Hi Danny,

There was a post on the main site homepage a while ago, that is filed under archives now. There were no links, and as yet no comments. It is here, and I will replicate it below:

Pre-Iron Cross Preparation

dip%20variations.jpg

Including advanced dip variations in the establishment of a solid foundation of basic strength will aid greatly in the future development of advanced ring strength elements like the iron cross.

Hope this is OK, Coach?

Like you said, you will need to work dips on the bar if that is where you will be doing the muscle-ups. Don't forget to be careful about how much volume you put into your training. 5 sets of bar dips, and 5 sets of p-bar dips is still 10 sets of dips however you look at it. To make greatest gains on the bar dips, you might be best off sticking with just those for the moment?

Cheers,

George.