Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Afraid of losing my front lever again

Ayrton Aimino

Ayrton Aimino

Well, i trained 2 months for this skill, at the end of the third month i could hold it for 6 seconds.

The week later to this achievement I started to travel, i went to a place where there was one park so i trained for the first two days there but then just focused on the experience so... 2 weeks of doing only planche training and when i came back home i tried it and i could even hold the one leg variant properly so i started training again.(lost my front lever and also my one arm really slow negative)

Now, after 1 month, I finally got it today after a lot of frustration but, as the title says, im afraid of losing it again

I would be happy to hear your opinions. advices, techniques, etc

Winter Phoenix

Hi Ayrton,

Of course, you lose skills when you don't train them. So stay consistent with your training and make it a priority, then you won't have to worry.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
Igor Czerniawski
On 3/24/2017 at 11:07 PM, Ayrton Aimino said:

Well, i trained 2 months for this skill, at the end of the third month i could hold it for 6 seconds.

The week later to this achievement I started to travel, i went to a place where there was one park so i trained for the first two days there but then just focused on the experience so... 2 weeks of doing only planche training and when i came back home i tried it and i could even hold the one leg variant properly so i started training again.(lost my front lever and also my one arm really slow negative)

Now, after 1 month, I finally got it today after a lot of frustration but, as the title says, im afraid of losing it again

Geez. You must be some kind of mutant if you got front lever after 2 months.

• Upvote 2

Oussama KHELLADI

i dont know your background but what you described with my experience is that you pushed your muscles too hard i think thats why you lost the strength in just few weeks i once tried the full FL pulls i was realy pushing hard and after a week i got a cold i lost all the pulling strength and i restarted the negative FL in straddle and just last week i made it the mastery of FL pulls 

give your body time to adapt to each exercise and it will last for more than months not weeks 

• Upvote 1

Leo Trinidad

Hi Ayrton,

If you want to keep a specific skill, you have to keep training it and keep refining your form. As Winter said, you need to be consistent with it. It takes time for the body to adapt on a certain range of motion. (some will take weeks, months or even years) You need a well balanced training. I hope you consider on getting the Foundation Courses as it will solidify your training from ground up. :)

• Upvote 4

Ayrton Aimino

First of all, thanks for your answers i really appreciate it.

Well, i think that it can be that because i got it too fast i lost it at the same speed, but now i am even more afraid because of some surgeries i won't be able to train in 2 months, that really sucks.

Anyway, i think that i will work more on mobility this time and just foccus on the basic progressions 

• Upvote 1

Ayrton Aimino
5 hours ago, Igor Czerniawski said:

Geez. You must be some kind of mutant if you got front lever after 2 months.

Not really, could hold back lever for 20 seconds and do 4 back lever pull ups since 2016 but never really trained my pulling strength so i started doing pull ups again, was only able to do 4 i was like :I but three weeks i went to 14 and then i started my front lever journey.

Igor Czerniawski
14 hours ago, Ayrton Aimino said:

Not really, could hold back lever for 20 seconds and do 4 back lever pull ups since 2016 but never really trained my pulling strength so i started doing pull ups again, was only able to do 4 i was like :I but three weeks i went to 14 and then i started my front lever journey.

Well done. But I have to say that you describe some strength adaptation that I have never seen in my life. Someone deconditioned with previous decent pulling strength yes, but never training pulling strength and going from 4 to 14 pull ups in 3 weeks ? Very interesting.  And 2 months later you got front lever ?  

Ayrton Aimino

I have been training for 2 and a half years doing push ups, dips, planche training and back lever training no chin ups or pull ups, but this 4 pull ups were really slow and focused on targeting every muscle not a regular "do one as fast as i can pull up", i was not deconditioned in the strength department (only my joints were:P)

waler white
On 3/24/2017 at 4:07 PM, Ayrton Aimino said:

-Your post makes it sound like you lost the front lever due to over training or muscular inbalances. 

-Make sure you are eating enough and consider taking creatine to increase your strength. 

-This stuff about having to train a front lever in order to keep it is complete nonsense. I can do a One arm front lever without specifically training a front lever at all. The inportant thing is you work out thoughouly and consitently in the 3 planes of motion so you do not develop muscular inbalances that will hinder your skills  

-

Darin Phoenix

I would love to see a video of that one arm front lever. Because that is crazy strong for someone that claims that they don't even train it. 

• Upvote 3

George Launchbury
39 minutes ago, Darin Phoenix said:

I would love to see a video of that one arm front lever. Because that is crazy strong for someone that claims that they don't even train it.

I hope he hasn't just worked out, and has no videos, or we may have to wait a few days so that he can be fresh and not compromise form...

• Upvote 2

Oussama KHELLADI
19 hours ago, Ayrton Aimino said:

First of all, thanks for your answers i really appreciate it.

Well, i think that it can be that because i got it too fast i lost it at the same speed, but now i am even more afraid because of some surgeries i won't be able to train in 2 months, that really sucks.

Anyway, i think that i will work more on mobility this time and just foccus on the basic progressions 

trust me theres no need to rush the process, ur body is precious dont abuse it you are not in a competition and you have all the time ahead of you to acquire and achieve any skill u want but if u injure ur body u might never excercise again , dont get fooled by the croud and people who claim they got this or that skill in just months (most of them do it to show of and lies) i know many people who broke their shoulders were torn and had surgeries that forbid them to lift and so ....

Miles Skocik
On 5/16/2017 at 6:03 AM, Oussama KHELLADI said:

trust me theres no need to rush the process, ur body is precious dont abuse it you are not in a competition and you have all the time ahead of you to acquire and achieve any skill u want but if u injure ur body u might never excercise again , dont get fooled by the croud and people who claim they got this or that skill in just months (most of them do it to show of and lies) i know many people who broke their shoulders were torn and had surgeries that forbid them to lift and so ....

Generally when people get "skills" in the months of training it, its becuase they arleady have a very good strength base. For instance if you have strong abs, can bench double your body weight, solid military press, strong weighted dips/abs, you will progress ridiculousy fast in most elements. 

Miles Skocik
On 5/16/2017 at 2:16 AM, George Launchbury said:

I hope he hasn't just worked out, and has no videos, or we may have to wait a few days so that he can be fresh and not compromise form...

I dont feel like doing a one arm from front lever. I am too obsessed without maxing out row machine with one arm. Which I have trained incorrectly and made my lower left side of my back not feel at 100%. I will try to upload a video of a weighted one arm pull up if you want tommorow.

The only video I currently have is of me doing very one arm decline pushups on gymnastic ring (From a few years ago when I was decently weaker) I tried uploading it but said it doesnt accept that format. How do you convert mp3's ?  and a picture or me curling 100lb dumbell. 

Edited by 16186_1455345395

Darin Phoenix

I have to strongly disagree with you Miles. I was somebody who was really strong in the movements that you mentioned. I wish that my progress was measured in months.  Just because you are strong in one plane and range of motion does not mean this will transfer easily across all planes and ranges.

If it did then it would be easy for bodybuilders or powerlifters to make the switch and become Olympic gymnastic gold medalists.

The S.A.I.D principle of training states that there are specific adaptations to imposed demands. If you want to be strong in a specific range and plane of motion then you need to train for that. There are no shortcuts I can tell you this from first-hand experience.

George Launchbury
On 23/05/2017 at 5:12 AM, Miles Skocik said:

I dont feel like doing a one arm from front lever. I am too obsessed without maxing out row machine with one arm. Which I have trained incorrectly and made my lower left side of my back not feel at 100%. I will try to upload a video of a weighted one arm pull up if you want tommorow.

The only video I currently have is of me doing very one arm decline pushups on gymnastic ring (From a few years ago when I was decently weaker) I tried uploading it but said it doesnt accept that format. How do you convert mp3's ?  and a picture or me curling 100lb dumbell. 

You've lost me ...are you Waler White, or Miles Skocik?

Anyways, sorry to hear you don't feel like the filming your one arm front lever.

PS: MPEG layer 3 (or MP3) files are audio.

• Upvote 4