Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

train more in order to increase metabolism

Oussama KHELLADI

Oussama KHELLADI

Hi all am seeking for advice 

i do two days f7 monday and thursday and i do MSS saturday am sticking 70% with thrive and i notice a gentle decrease in body fat and the energy levels are good 

i read once on instagram from unrikohand that instead of restricting more calorie intake(less eating) move more or in another word train more i liked the idea and i was wondering whats the best thing to do in order to not compromise my recovery.

whats the best i can do get better results 

i though of front/back squats with weights or doing like 500 reps of half flexion squats on rest days 

or already F7 mastered exercise which are less stressful 

any better ideas ? 

thanks

Affan Osman

I agree moving is a better option than a big cut in calories. I do a combination of running, walking and yoga to keep my metabolism up. I also use the warm up moves from Movement series throughout the day. (crab, lizard, frog etc. walks)

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

NUtrition and training must be correctly coupled and improved , you can still decrease the BF with 3200 kcal everyday.

• Upvote 3

Oussama KHELLADI
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

NUtrition and training must be correctly coupled and improved , you can still decrease the BF with 3200 kcal everyday.

absolutely right,  i was talking about getting lower than 10% BF what about that i apreciate ur feedback 

Ezra Richardson

Ultimately, you are an entirely unique system. I'd say your best results will come from careful tracking, experimentation and testing coupled with proven coaching methods. The result won't come quickly, and your preferred training will change over time. Getting lower than 10% BF might require you to cut cals at some point, make that your last resort though.

• Upvote 1

Oussama KHELLADI
4 hours ago, Ezra Richardson said:

Ultimately, you are an entirely unique system. I'd say your best results will come from careful tracking, experimentation and testing coupled with proven coaching methods. The result won't come quickly, and your preferred training will change over time. Getting lower than 10% BF might require you to cut cals at some point, make that your last resort though.

i agree with u , i will begin to add the 100 half flexion squats and see for a month i was motivated by the 1000 reps one month challenge i saw lately and i said why not give it a try .

thanks for your feedback

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Mavis Hendershot

Hi Oussama,
I have better option for you. When I was looking for the another option for my fat burn, I came across an article in the magazine about the Nuez Dela India who provides the nut known as a weight loss nut which helps in burning body fat as well as helps in boosting up the body metabolism. Its positive reviews had attracted me a lot and I have gone through the original source and where I  got very useful information about the weight loss nut. It is purely a natural way for boosting up the body metabolism and helps with various health issues also. After taking the dose of the nut i have got very positives results. You can also go to this website for more information about the nut and its method of usage if you feel like to adopt the natural way.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

The boost of metabolism it is sort of myth, increasing the metabolism means that with zero (i mean zero) daily activity you have more calories consumed than before. if you add exercise it is another thing, you are doing LOCAL and momentary deficit DUE to the activity but this does not constitute a metabolism improvements. the only thing which can provide this type of modifications it is a substance which works on hormones glands.

• Upvote 4

Oussama KHELLADI
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The boost of metabolism it is sort of myth, increasing the metabolism means that with zero (i mean zero) daily activity you have more calories consumed than before. if you add exercise it is another thing, you are doing LOCAL and momentary deficit DUE to the activity but this does not constitute a metabolism improvements. the only thing which can provide this type of modifications it is a substance which works on hormones glands.

so going for more activity is the closest solution for me ? 

thank you mavis i prefer to stick with thrive recommendations on what to eat 

• Upvote 1

Leo Trinidad

yes i believe that more activity is the closest solution for you. i would suggest adding Handstand One and Handstand Two in your training. also remember that having high volume training is also hard to maintain.

• Upvote 2

Oussama KHELLADI
8 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

yes i believe that more activity is the closest solution for you. i would suggest adding Handstand One and Handstand Two in your training. also remember that having high volume training is also hard to maintain.

thank you leo i became lazy with H1 and H2 and from months ago i didn't reimplement them in my training with your experience do you think they will interfer with F7 recovery ? thats why i chose very hight reps half flexion as i was doing them before i start GB training program

Leo Trinidad

as long as you get good nutrition, enough recovery/sleep and you start from the beginning of both H1 and H2, it wont interfere with F7. 

• Upvote 2

Oussama KHELLADI
22 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

as long as you get good nutrition, enough recovery/sleep and you start from the beginning of both H1 and H2, it wont interfere with F7. 

very well thanks for the advice, nice signature  by the way

• Upvote 1

Jonas Winback

Here is a pretty comprehensive article on the influence of various training-related components on EPOC (Excess Postexercise Oxygen Consumption, i.e. increased metabolism / energy expenditure after an activity), by Brad Schoenfeld.

• Upvote 3

Ezra Richardson
27 minutes ago, Jonas Winback said:

Here is a pretty comprehensive article on the influence of various training-related components on EPOC (Excess Postexercise Oxygen Consumption, i.e. increased metabolism / energy expenditure after an activity), by Brad Schoenfeld.

Nothing like good literature to back up the point. Justification is the way to go! Thanks man!

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Oussama KHELLADI said:

so going for more activity is the closest solution for me ? 

thank you mavis i prefer to stick with thrive recommendations on what to eat 

yes, this makes a huge difference.the basic idea it is to use an approach that stimulates more the growth (usually this mean to reach an acid state), this way in the correct range or repsxsetxrest also burns far more calories

• Upvote 1

Oussama KHELLADI
22 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

yes, this makes a huge difference.the basic idea it is to use an approach that stimulates more the growth (usually this mean to reach an acid state), this way in the correct range or repsxsetxrest also burns far more calories

yes i read once that the traininga muscle group with high intesity keeps the metabolism up for up to 72 hours is that true or a myth

grazie amico 

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on the intensity and on the duration of the workout session.

Oussama KHELLADI
On 11/04/2017 at 7:11 PM, Jonas Winback said:

very good slides jonas thanks for sharing 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.