Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elbow mobility (flexion)

Einar Vading

I got all the way to minute three of workout one of fundamentals program before I ran in to a slight problem, "Locking out elbows".

I can't straighten my elbows to 180 degrees. I'd say that I'm at 150 degrees or something like that. I don't know if that has always been the case but I know my mother has the same limitation.

There is NO pain, NO noticeable stretch in the bicep just a plain stop.

I would very much like to be able to lock out but I don't want to risk surgery since I have no problems outside of training.

Has anyone had anything similar that they could work away with mobility drills or am I stuck in Neverlockingout land forever? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Einar, it can be a genetical conformation, have you ever had a X-ray exam? it can solve any doubt.

• Upvote 1

Einar Vading

So another question.

Is there something I need to think about or work extra with because of this mobility limitation? In the first block of Fundamentals it is said that one should lock out elbows to get maximum effect of the wrist stretches for example.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Einar Vading, I have experienced it with some of my clients before and consistency and volume with training eventually helped them lock their elbows. My suggestion is that after you finish your fundamentals course, you can start with Foundation One and Handstand One. I hope this helps.