Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche Injury

Niv Bekerman

Hello!

I have been training for planche for around 3 months and suddenly I started feelling a "burning" feelling in my left shoulder. I also feel that burn when doing dips but I dont feel it at all when doing pull ups and front lever training. Do i have to stop planche immadiately? Do i have to go see a doctor? 

thanks,

Niv

Winter Phoenix

It is always our recommendation on the forum to never train through pain. A visit to a healthcare professional is the only way to correctly diagnose an injury. They will be able to provide you with a diagnosis and a plan regarding rehabilitation.

• Upvote 3

Everett Carroll

Hi Niv,

Any time you feel burning or pain within a joint you should see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Until you are able to see a doctor, stop training any exercises that cause pain or discomfort. After you work with a medical professional and are totally healed, I suggest beginning your planche training again using Foundation One.

It is likely that your injury was caused by working on planche progressions that you were not yet physically prepared for. Starting with the basic planche strength and mobility progressions from F1 will prevent roadblocks like this from occurring again. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Niv,

Any time you feel burning or pain within a joint you should see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Until you are able to see a doctor, stop training any exercises that cause pain or discomfort. After you work with a medical professional and are totally healed, I suggest beginning your planche training again using Foundation One.

It is likely that your injury was caused by working on planche progressions that you were not yet physically prepared for. Starting with the basic planche strength and mobility progressions from F1 will prevent roadblocks like this from occurring again. 

Yeah, Maybe because I was doing straddle planches.. Is it too early to start doing straddle planches? I can hold 20 seconds good form advanced tuck planche and I am able to breah in that pisiton. I can hold the straddle with middle form for around 2-3 seconds.

Everett Carroll

Your shoulder pain has answered that questions for us Niv ;) Focus on recovering now. Once your shoulder is healed, begin your planche training over with Foundation One so this doesn't happen again. Coach Sommer has organized the planche progressions in the Foundation Series so that you avoid injury and are fully prepared to master straddle planches by the end of Foundation Four.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, Everett Carroll said:

Your shoulder pain has answered that questions for us Niv ;) Focus on recovering now. Once your shoulder is healed, begin your planche training over with Foundation One so this doesn't happen again. Coach Sommer has organized the planche progressions in the Foundation Series so that you avoid injury and are fully prepared to master straddle planches by the end of Foundation Four.   

Can you please give me a link to the planche progressions? I am new to this forum and I have no idea about things here at all 

• 3 weeks later...
Garry Barker
On 22/02/2017 at 6:33 PM, Everett Carroll said:

I stupidly did this and trained through injury and it cost me 2 years!

• Upvote 1