Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your best pictures

Razz

Michael Traynor
WOW! i can't wait until i get ot that level

When you can do a solid RTO support and have reasonable straddle and hamstring flexibilty then you will get this. It's not too advanced really. Although I love the way it looks :)

WOW! i can't wait until i get ot that level

When you can do a solid RTO support and have reasonable straddle and hamstring flexibilty then you will get this. It's not too advanced really. Although I love the way it looks :)

Definitely a very aesthetic position. Something to strive for.

Excuse me guys...

Just want to ask..the handstand,the 1st pict by Ian, is it handstand of the hand balancers?

And the handstand perform by Brendan Coad, is it handstand of gymnast?

I'm just curious with this....since I can do both style of handstand.

The handstand perform by Ian and Brendan I see that both of them have open shoulder, but different position for head....and the core. With the handstand like Ian I feel I can relax very easily...while handstand like Brendan did, I feel a lot tension to keep the body in hollow position

Thanks for ur opinions

Excuse me guys...

Just want to ask..the handstand,the 1st pict by Ian, is it handstand of the hand balancers?

The handstand perform by Ian and Brendan I see that both of them have open shoulder, but different position for head....and the core. With the handstand like Ian I feel I can relax very easily...while handstand like Brendan did, I feel a lot tension to keep the body in hollow position

Thanks for ur opinions

Two different ways to skin a cat. When you are good, you can stay in the handstand and move your head up and down. Looking at your hands makes it harder to stay hollow but for some people, being able to see their hands helps them balance.

My preference is for the head to be neutral (neither forward nor backward) while keeping the ears in line with the upper arms. You should be able to see your thumbs; not with a clear view due to an elevated chin but by glancing upward with your eyes and peering through your eyebrows. This is in addition to having the ribs pulled in, the shoulders completely open, the scapula in and upper back flat, the lower back flat and the hips the rolled under.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Excuse me guys...

Thanks for ur opinions

Cofonggbu: I am not really that wonderful at HS yet. I started off with GB work and found that i really enjoyed hand balancing. My HS are done in the Handbalancing form (or at least i attempt to). The head position does not matter for hand balancers (or thats what a hand balancer told me) but i found that i liked the head position that coach explained above. Its a strain on the eyes at first, but you get used to it. I tried to do it with my head looking completly at my hands but it did not work for me. But the reason my stomach looks a little different is becasue i have gotten advice from people like Philip and COach where able to help me with form, and told me how to hold it. AFter i really wanted to become a hand balancer, i asked HandBalancer, Yuri and Yuval Avalon, and they all recommended tightening the abs and making liek you were trying ot touch your spine with your stomach. it took me a bit to realize what they meant, but then again if you are used to spending your whole life on your feet, any time spent on your hands is going to take a lot of practice.

Hope this Helps

-Ian Legrow

One arm handstand is considerably easier to balance with the head out a bit

Interesting. Yuval also preferred this head position initially in his early equilibre work, but over the years has returned to the gymnastics head neutral position.

For beginners who are anxious to jump into OAHS training, regardless of which head position you prefer, it is important to not begin OAHS work prematurely as this will have a long term detrimental impact on the quality of your HS. Simply achieving a 60s free standing HS is an insufficient foundation for graduating on to OAHS work. Correct bodyline and alignment must be mastered as well. Quality takes time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bruno Cochofel
My preference is for the head to be neutral (neither forward nor backward) while keeping the ears in line with the upper arms. You should be able to see your thumbs; not with a clear view due to an elevated chin but by glancing upward with your eyes and peering through your eyebrows. This is in addition to having the ribs pulled in, the shoulders completely open, the scapula in and upper back flat, the lower back flat and the hips the rolled under.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

This is one off the reasons I'm anxious about Handstand Chronicles.. I train alone and the only thing I can do is post here the videos for corrections, but training alone it's hard to see all those things, and the worst is that I don't know anyone that can master handstand to teach me.. Basically is what I read here that helps me...

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

This is one off the reasons I'm anxious about Handstand Chronicles.. I train alone and the only thing I can do is post here the videos for corrections, but training alone it's hard to see all those things, and the worst is that I don't know anyone that can master handstand to teach me.. Basically is what I read here that helps me...

Blackcat: One thing that might really help you with HS progressions is reading The HS work protion of the website from end to end. I read every single post and after reading all of the posts i was able to learn exactly how to do it. And since learning how to get into a HS from the tuck position has made my HS drastically improve. I will send you a pm to show you.

Hope this helps

-Ian Legrow

Excuse me guys...

Thanks for ur opinions

Cofonggbu: I am not really that wonderful at HS yet. I started off with GB work and found that i really enjoyed hand balancing. My HS are done in the Handbalancing form (or at least i attempt to). The head position does not matter for hand balancers (or thats what a hand balancer told me) but i found that i liked the head position that coach explained above. Its a strain on the eyes at first, but you get used to it. I tried to do it with my head looking completly at my hands but it did not work for me. But the reason my stomach looks a little different is becasue i have gotten advice from people like Philip and COach where able to help me with form, and told me how to hold it. AFter i really wanted to become a hand balancer, i asked HandBalancer, Yuri and Yuval Avalon, and they all recommended tightening the abs and making liek you were trying ot touch your spine with your stomach. it took me a bit to realize what they meant, but then again if you are used to spending your whole life on your feet, any time spent on your hands is going to take a lot of practice.

Hope this Helps

-Ian Legrow

Ian : thanks bro for ur advice, They are very helpful.

• 1 month later...
Mark Bernacchi

Heres mine. Please forgive the form/low legs, I actually have a decent straddle-L, I was just a little scared. Lets just say that it wasn't exactly stable up there... :roll:

2.jpg

Joshua Naterman

I am having nightmares of you sliding down that tree like a rope... I'd be scared too!!!

Scott Malin

Not a "best" pic, but more a fun one from adapting HS/Press HS work from today's WoD to the beach.

post-217-13531537307269_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Philip Chubb
001.jpg

Handstand form is getting better! after 5 monthsof practice!

Ian, whenever I see your post, it makes me go and practice. Great work!

• 1 month later...
Joshua Naterman

John: Easily the most creative pictures I've seen, that is beautiful!

Razz: You have your cross now ?! You've gotten bigger!