Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your best pictures

Razz

Haha thank you :) When you have a solid standing backflip it's just a matter of trying it straightening a leg before the other and kick the ball :P

Great picture Yuri! :D

Mikael Kristiansen

Yeah i can hold it pretty easily. I usually press down from 1 arm hs into it. I can press to 1 arm from there on a cane on a good day, but not on floor yet. It is really hard to get the placement of the leg on the arm correctly, let alone building a solid enough push to be able to keep the scapula and arm position right.

John Sapinoso

that is so beautiful.

did this the other day. faceplanted on OAHS attempts, too bad no pic / vids of that!

293206_10150922375856395_2108552642_n.jpg

Yaad Mohammad
Yeah i can hold it pretty easily. I usually press down from 1 arm hs into it. I can press to 1 arm from there on a cane on a good day, but not on floor yet. It is really hard to get the placement of the leg on the arm correctly, let alone building a solid enough push to be able to keep the scapula and arm position right.

Wow... do you mind making a video of holding it on the floor?

Mikael Kristiansen

Im planning to make a new video with a lot of floor balancing soon, so I will probably do it in there.

Warik, extend your left arm backwards and it will help balance you out making the position easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Mikael Kristiansen

Good shot of a 1 arm backlever from a photoshoot I had a while back

straps9.jpg

• Upvote 1

WitnessTheFitness

John and Handbalancer, you guys are incredible :shock:

How did you develop the one arm back lever? I've tried working on the skill before, but didn't make much progress. My back lever is fairly strong, can hold it for about a minute, but I can't bridge the gap between two arms and one arm.

Taken at the top of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, AZ... It was ~110 degrees... the rocks were a little warm :wink:

_MG_8090.jpg

Mikael Kristiansen

The pair acro looks great! I especially like the 1 arm on her neck!

Aurele:

There is very little carryover from 2 arm back lever. Though you should have solid 2 arm BL, 1 arm is a completely different skill. It is learned by lowering from a 1 arm hanging flag(like they do in aerial straps all the time). You must have a very strong flag first so you are very comfortable in the position. In a flag you arch and lean against your arm so there is not that much strength involved in holding it. When you go for the lever you lean away from the arm more and more until you end up horizontal. It takes a very specific strength in the shoulder and lats and is hard on the elbow. Notice how the angle of the arm is much higher than in a 2 arm back lever because the body and shoulder is twisting around the balance point.

If you want to train it, learn to hang in flag solidly so you can easily breathe there and stay without too much effort. Then you start to lean away little by little as you can easily mess up your shoulder if you go too fast. Technically it is pretty intuitive because there is only one direction your body can go in when you lower from flag. Straddling makes it easier of course to, also to hang in flag, so start with that.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

So, I looked at it and thought: †What the heck....â€. And then I remembered the photoshopped proof of your Victorian ???? years ago. Nice modern art in the background, good lighting, artistic line. I like it. And, I am really impressed by the strength of your partner. By your strength too of course, but in her case she does not look like the Hulk. Keep them coming.