Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Working out when sick.

Charles Weill

Charles Weill

I came down with a cold the other day, and have been having aches and chills for a couple days. I know, first time I get sick in a year, and it feels strange. Right now I am missing my regular SSC because my joints are feeling the disease. What can I do in the meantime as maintenance until I make a full recovery?

Treat yourself very well and get better as soon as possible. If the sickness is in the body and not just a head cold, you really should just rest.

Its always playing with fire to workout when sick. Sometimes the increased blood flow will transport the disease causing it to spread.

I did it while having a cold about 5 years back and wound up getting a chronic lung problem which was the end of years of building up a phenomenal amount of stamina.

Charles Weill

Thanks for your help guys. I will rested as you recommend and pick up where I left off on Monday, assuming I am fully recovered by then.

I did it while having a cold about 5 years back and wound up getting a chronic lung problem which was the end of years of building up a phenomenal amount of stamina.

I wish you a full recovery from your chronic illness.