Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rogue Fitness Stall Bars

Sam Jarvis

I've been researching stall bars to purchase for my garage and looking into Rogue stall bars since Coach recommended them.  Could I get some recommendations on which one I should choose?  It looks like there are three options. 

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-stall-bar-3-0

I'm 5'11" and 180 lbs.  I would be installing the stall bars inside my garage.

Thanks

On a side note regarding height of bars. 

I have similar dimensions as you and I built my stall bars 96 inches tall, 8 foot. My toes bottom out on the ground after a good dead hang. So if I was to buy some bars I would not want under 96 inches in height if that helps at all. Maybe this does not matter, however, I would want that information Prior to buying.

The product looks solid and is what I recommended to a buddy.

Thanks for your prompt responses, guys. 

Ryan, it looks like the Rogue stall bars are just 90" tall.  However, I already have a pull up bar installed higher than 8' that I should be able to use for dead hangs.  Would I need the stall bars to be higher than 90" for any other purposes?

Everett Carroll
12 minutes ago, Sam Jarvis said:

Would I need the stall bars to be higher than 90" for any other purposes?

The height of the rogue bars hasn't limited me at all so you should be fine as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new to this course. I am also thinking about purchasing stall bars for my home gym. I am kinda confused about the 3 options, too. What's the difference between 'Rogue Metal Stall Bar 3.0 Crossmember Set' and 'Rogue Stall Bar 3.0'? Their price are $300 off, so I want to make sure I purchase the correct one..

Darin Phoenix

Everertt will be the best person to answer this as he has a set of those stall bars. I'm pretty sure that the Crossmember set is just the cross members and their hardware, not the actual frame and wall mounting brackets. If you do not have a Rogue rig already I think you have to go with the Rogue Stall Bar 3.0

George Chung

I have these installed in my garage. I bought the kit with the 90" Monster Lite legs...not just the crossmember kit. Unless you already have a rig, you will need the same kit with the legs and use the mounting kit to secure them against the wall. I did NOT bolt them into the floor. Just bolted them into the wall...cement foundation for the lower mounting bracket, a stringer for the upper mounting bracket. I'll post a picture

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
Devon O'Neal
On 3/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, George Chung said:

I have these installed in my garage. I bought the kit with the 90" Monster Lite legs...not just the crossmember kit. Unless you already have a rig, you will need the same kit with the legs and use the mounting kit to secure them against the wall. I did NOT bolt them into the floor. Just bolted them into the wall...cement foundation for the lower mounting bracket, a stringer for the upper mounting bracket. I'll post a picture

I am thinking about getting these for my apartment can you post a picture? I am unsure of how I will mount them, and I need to make sure that it is possible before I order them.

George Chung
On 3/5/2018 at 8:54 AM, Devon O'Neal said:

I am thinking about getting these for my apartment can you post a picture? I am unsure of how I will mount them, and I need to make sure that it is possible before I order them.

Yes, I will do so shortly. Forgot to do it when I posted originally.

• Like 1

George Chung
On 3/5/2018 at 8:54 AM, Devon O'Neal said:

Here you go. Because the cement foundation is not flush with the wall, I had to attach a stringer to the wall studs up top. Note, I did NOT feel I had to bolt it to the garage's cement floor.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

• Like 1

Devon O'Neal

Thank you, George! It looks awesome. I think I might get them and use 2 pieces of wood to mount them how you did the top portion. 

George Chung

One thing to pay attention to is whether you want the wood cross members or the steel ones. The wood ones have a thicker diameter which challenges your grip strength a lot more.

• Like 1

Devon O'Neal

Yeah, I saw that. Thank you for the tips! I think I am going to go with the metal option to save a bit of money and for the durability. I am just renting, so the all-metal option seems like the best option when I need to break them down and move somewhere else in the future. I know Rogue products are known for being built like a tank, so they should last.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Nathan Bloss

How far do the Rogue stall bars come off the wall?  I have just over 9" of clearance between my wall and the garage door rail mounted to the ceiling.  ...hoping I can fit these in there.

George Chung
On 8/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, Nathan Bloss said:

How far do the Rogue stall bars come off the wall?  I have just over 9" of clearance between my wall and the garage door rail mounted to the ceiling.  ...hoping I can fit these in there.

Just a smidge over 9".

All Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg