Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nutrition for joint

Chandra Wirawan

Chandra Wirawan

Hi all

Just want to know your recommendation for joint nutrition? And maybe exprience after consume suplement and how it takes to have benefit

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi Chandra, 

I have never taken supplements so I can't help you there, but I do know Omega-3 Fatty Acids, found in sardines, spinach and chia seeds are all great for joint health. ;)

• Upvote 2

Winter Phoenix

Hi, 

I agree with both Tanya and Everett. In an ideal world you would get all your Omega-3's from food sources such as salmon, sardines, spinach and chia. However we are not always living in an ideal world so I also take a krill oil supplement.

• Upvote 3

Take a quick look at google and you will find out (if you have to take supplements), that krill is one of the cleanest and most potent forms of Omega 3. Omega 3's are highly recommended. They will slow down injury recovery if you're around 3-4 milligrams per day, so just keep that in mind.

Jenna Jamieson

Hi

Consuming these foods might help you-- fatty fish like salmon, sardines, cod and herring, as well as walnuts.

And if you want to go for supplements, I agree with everyone that you need Omega 3. I have taken it for around one year as recommended by my doctor since I had some joint issues.

Personally I noticed vast performance increases on higher doses of Omega 3's

I am not a GB expert, however I have been involved in numerous sports my whole life from hockey to football to weight lifting to Brazilian jiu jitsu.  The #1 thing I can suggest is to stay hydrated.

I drink a minimum of 4 liters of water per day. 

Increasing my water intake has had a bigger influence on my athletic performance and overall well being than any supplement I have tried.  I know it seems simple, but try bumping up your water intake and see if that makes a difference for you (other than the increased pee breaks)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.