Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GST, Tendons, Cipro

Joseph Baglieri

Joseph Baglieri

Hi,

I’m working with a functional medicine doctor who’s determined I have some gut issues and wants me to take Cipro (250mg, 2x/days for 14 days). I’m leery of doing this because there’s a correlation between Cipro usage and tendon rupture (albitit a very rare one).

The doctor’s assured me I’ll be fine because I’m taking such a low dose, for a short period of time, and because I do not have any of the risk factors (old age, repeated Cipro usage, etc).

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience or insights in this regard. If I decide to go on the antibiotics, does anyone have any insight on what I should do with my stretching and GST work?

Thanks,
Joseph

Everett Carroll

Sorry Joseph but I'm not sure. A second opinion from a doctor is probably your best bet. Some of the medical professionals on here will chime in if they have information for you. 

• Upvote 1

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Joseph. I had to take this Christmas due to an infection. You should not do any sport while taking it and next 2 days after last pill. My doctor advise me about it. Maybe the risk is not too big but is better not to take it. However I think you can make some light stretching but no more than this.  I couldn t do any sport but because I was feeling terrible.

• 5 months later...
Michel Hendrickson
On 16-1-2017 at 4:34 AM, Joseph Baglieri said:

Hi,

I’m working with a functional medicine doctor who’s determined I have some gut issues and wants me to take Cipro (250mg, 2x/days for 14 days). I’m leery of doing this because there’s a correlation between Cipro usage and tendon rupture (albitit a very rare one).

The doctor’s assured me I’ll be fine because I’m taking such a low dose, for a short period of time, and because I do not have any of the risk factors (old age, repeated Cipro usage, etc).

I’m wondering if anyone has any experience or insights in this regard. If I decide to go on the antibiotics, does anyone have any insight on what I should do with my stretching and GST work?

Thanks,
Joseph

What is GST?