Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I finally did a standing press handstand!

sasquatch

This has been a big goal for me since watching the gymnastics and diving in the olympics! I didn't do it in straddle, only in tuck. I usually don't have the strength to lift my toes of the ground for more than two or three seconds, so I don't know why I had so much more strength last night. I was able to do it two times. Maybe the newly added tuck planche push ups are helping a lot with shoulder strength.

Nice one! Congratulations :mrgreen: . Actually not much to add ( :lol: ). Maybe a virtual pat on the back (pats back). Keep improving!

Thanks :D I've wanted to do this move for so long, it feels great to know I can do it if my shoulders are feeling strong. I hope I progress fast like my friend did, first he learned to do it in a tuck a week after he could do it from a straddle soon after that he could do it with 12 lbs on his ankles.

When you perform a press to HS in tuck position it's more about shoulder strength than hip flexor compression since you are essentially pressing through a tuck planche till you open up in HS.