Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tuck planche to handstand

Hari Krishnan

Hari Krishnan

Hello friends,

How am i supposed to train for achieving this skill. i believe it will help me in my flare to airflare transition. but im not sure how to get it.  will doing handstand push ups help develop proper shoulder strength for it ?? also i am unable to keep my back straight in tuck planche. two days ago i tried doing an ab wheel rollout for the first time and i couldnt even do one rep. i want to know whether exercises like ab wheel rollouts help in developing the lower back strength required for tuck planche. also will mastering the tuck planche to handstand help me to get a straddle press to handstand ?

thanks

Edited by Bboy Vector

Everett Carroll

Hey Hari,

The Foundation Series and Handstand Courses are the best and most complete way to achieve a solid planche, free HS, and press handstand. The development of those skills will provide plenty of shoulder strength for pressing from tuck planche to HS. I suggest you start with at least Foundation One. With it, you will see drastic improvements in your low back strength, shoulder strength, joint mobility, and more. 

• Upvote 2

Alexander Egebak
8 hours ago, Hari Krishnan said:

Hello friends,

How am i supposed to train for achieving this skill. i believe it will help me in my flare to airflare transition. but im not sure how to get it.  will doing handstand push ups help develop proper shoulder strength for it ?? also i am unable to keep my back straight in tuck planche. two days ago i tried doing an ab wheel rollout for the first time and i couldnt even do one rep. i want to know whether exercises like ab wheel rollouts help in developing the lower back strength required for tuck planche. also will mastering the tuck planche to handstand help me to get a straddle press to handstand ?

thanks

You have a lot of questions and I believe many of them will be answered as you go along in your training.

First of all, getting some shoulder strength from dips, push ups and normal tuck planche holds will help that part.

Secondly, learning to balance in a handstand with a straight line will help too. Most people need to stretch the chest for that before doing wall handstands and eventually freestanding handstands.

Thirdly, you will want to work on your core strength. Look into hollow body holds and try these tucked; slowly extend knees over time. You might also need some stretching of the hamstrings in the "pike" position.

That should be enough information to get you started. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

• Upvote 2

Henning Blom 243536

Please correct me if I'm wrong but lower back and ab wheel rollouts is a nono (and its named ab wheel for a reason). Be careful with that exercise since you can badly hurt your lower back if you have weak abs and let the lower back take all the pressure.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak
7 minutes ago, Henning Blom 243536 said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but lower back and ab wheel rollouts is a nono (and its named ab wheel for a reason). Be careful with that exercise since you can badly hurt your lower back if you have weak abs and let the lower back take all the pressure.

You are right that ab-wheel roll-outs, especially full roll-outs, can cause some compression of the lower back, if you do not have a strong enough posterior pelvic tilt and abdominal strength to hold a correct body position. Unfortunately, many people are completely unaware of how to perform these correctly. However, a few weeks of hollow body holds and straight arm planks, and most people will be able to perform these correctly. Performed correctly, the roll outs are a decent exercise for the moment though they are hard to scale and thus the benefits will wear off over time as you get more proficient.

• Upvote 1

Henning Blom 243536

Oh yes, I've seen quite a lot of scary banana positions when people try the ab-wheel roll-out, limping away with their hands on the lower back. :P  

The exercise looks cool, but an aching lower back is not very cool at all.

Hari Krishnan
8 hours ago, Alexander Egebak said:

You have a lot of questions and I believe many of them will be answered as you go along in your training.

First of all, getting some shoulder strength from dips, push ups and normal tuck planche holds will help that part.

Secondly, learning to balance in a handstand with a straight line will help too. Most people need to stretch the chest for that before doing wall handstands and eventually freestanding handstands.

Thirdly, you will want to work on your core strength. Look into hollow body holds and try these tucked; slowly extend knees over time. You might also need some stretching of the hamstrings in the "pike" position.

That should be enough information to get you started. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

thanks a lot friend . i will start with those exercises. i will pm you if i have any doubts .^-^

Alessandro Mainente

what help on flare to airflare are:

-straddle planche

-stalder press to hs.

• Upvote 4

Hari Krishnan
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

what help on flare to airflare are:

-straddle planche

-stalder press to hs.

im not sure about the straddle planche 0.0 i can barely hold a tuck planche lol but i guess i will train for the stalder press. i have decided to spend the next 6 months training for the stalder press. thanks for advice ^.^

Edited by Hari Krishnan

Great advice from Everett and Alessandro there Hari. Good luck with your training and don't hesitate to keep us updated.

• Upvote 1

Hari Krishnan
On 1/18/2017 at 5:54 AM, Luke Searra said:

Great advice from Everett and Alessandro there Hari. Good luck with your training and don't hesitate to keep us updated.

thanks man :lol:

Hi @Hari Krishnan,

Handstand Two Course has awesome progressions for Stalder Press. I got mine in no time by using the course. :) good luck with training. Keep us posted.

• Upvote 1