Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Equipment Requirement

Bilal KABBANI

Douglas Wadle

Sure, Tyler:  You will need 2 2x6's, a little less than ceiling height.  Drill approximately 1-1/2 inch diameter holes (whatever size your dowels are) along one side, about an inch from the edge, every 6 inches.  For the top one, drill it an inch from the front side instead of the back side, so it's offset forward a litle. Mirror image drill the opposite 2x6.  Don't drill all the way through, stop when you're about 1/4 inch from the other side.  Then put 2-1/2 foot oak dowels, cut to size into each whole w/ wood glue.  Then do the flip side.  lay down on flat ground when doing this so there's no twist to the forms.  Then put two 2x4 cross bars across the back.  Drill these w/ lag bolts into the wall 2x4's. Use a level to make sure your dowels are parallel to the floor.  If you find that even w/ the wood glue your dowels spin on you, then put a screw into their ends and that will stop it.    (Equipment needed: drill bit the appropriate size for your dowels and a drill.  A saw to cut dowels and boards to size.  5-6 feet of 2x4, and 2 8-ft 2x6's.  and wood glue.  I skipped the top couple dowels below the top offset dowel as didn't feel they were necessary, so about 12 dowels (get 5 or 6 footers and cut in half to save money), oak or other hardwood as discussed elsewhere on the forum).  I put a bracket on the bottom as well where i can put another dowel out front as needed for natural leg curls and the like.  I wrapped this one in foam pipe insulation tube in order to pad it against my achilles area.   Make sure you mount it far enough away from side walls to give you room to do windshield wipers and side lever work.  

You're good to go.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Beautiful. Nice work! These photos and your instructions will be incredible helpful as I build mine.

Looking back and having some experience with it is there anything you would have done differently?

Much thanks!

Douglas Wadle

I would have left off 1 more dowel before the top bar to make more room for the head.  I also might have made the very bottom dowel a metal pipe so it was more solid when putting full weight on it for all the stretches involving the stall bars.  I've had no problems, but there is some flex to it.  Best of luck to you.  

On 7/1/2017 at 5:03 AM, Dean Atkinson said:

Hi

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can perform the Modified straddle reverse hyper without stall bars or waist belt things ?

I have pull up bars and bands if that helps.

Thanks

Dean

Improvise! A table works. Or use a ring strap (assuming you have rings already) over your pull up bar to use it as a waist belt thing. (a folded blanket will help to make it more comfy).