Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strict Muscle Up Progression?

Michael Ryan 190844

His videos are on YouTube so you can see them if you want.I find his upper body strength achievements very impressive, especially since he is so light and very likely a drug free althete.He also has a video of him bench pressing +315lbs(100% RAW,no powerlifting gear) easily,which is well over 2 times his bodyweight.Got to give him credit since he is posting his videos on Youtube for all the world to see,not many people will do that.Let me know if you need more info and I will post more after 7.

Edited by Angel Chav
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Angel Chav said:

His videos are on YouTube so you can see them if you want.I find his upper body strength achievements very impresive, especially since he is so light and very likely a drug free althete.He also has a video of him bench pressing +315lbs(100% RAW,no powerlifting gear) easily,which is well over 2 times his bodyweight.Got to give him credit since he is posting his videos on Youtube for all the world to see,not many people will do that.Let me know if you need more info and I will post more after 7.

His upper body achievements are very inpressive. Benching a little over 2x bodyweight is inpressive but it is not even tworld class level. However doing that heavy of pull ups at his weight, would be above world class level. That would most likely make him the strongest person ever in that position with or without drugs by a good amount of weight, which is why I am very skeptical. 

7 hours ago, waler white said:

His upper body achievements are very inpressive. Benching a little over 2x bodyweight is inpressive but it is not even tworld class level. However doing that heavy of pull ups at his weight, would be above world class level. That would most likely make him the strongest person ever in that position with or without drugs by a good amount of weight, which is why I am very skeptical. 

There will always be people who will be skeptics, especially when someone does something that can be seen as a impressive feat.The man has videos on Youtube of him doing pullups with 225lbs and a one hand pullup with 45lbs, so that will not change, regardless of anyone's views.

3 hours ago, Angel Chav said:

There will always be people who will be skeptics, especially when someone does something that can be seen as a impressive feat.The man has videos on Youtube of him doing pullups with 225lbs and a one hand pullup with 45lbs, so that will not change, regardless of anyone's views.

I saw that video and was skeptical for the four reasons I stated. I do not believe evreything blindly. 

I don't either, especially when someone doesn't have a video of himself performing a exercise nowhere as good as the exercise video they are criticizing.Good thing that man has videos of him doing pullups with 225lbs and one hand pullups with 45lbs,that will be hard to beat.

Edited by Angel Chav

8 hours ago, Angel Chav said:

I don't either, especially when someone doesn't have a video of himself performing a exercise nowhere as good as the exercise video they are criticizing.Good thing that man has videos of him doing pullups with 225lbs and one hand pullups with 45lbs,that will be hard to beat.

1)  In my mind and by world record standards it is does not count as legit. He did not weigh himself or the weights, he didnt have a witness ect. 

If he could do a 2 arm arm pullups with an additional 225 at weight of less than 150 he could do a one arm with much much heavier than 45. 45lbs would of been extremly easy. The heaviest one arm pullup was close to an additional 45lbs.  A one arm pullup is only equivalent to an additional 70% bodyweight with much better form than he used. I would guess its around 60% with the form he used. If you plug it in it results in he would be able to do a one arm pull up with over 100lbs. Which would mean he broke the world record by over 50lbs, he just happened to not weigh himself or the weights, struggled with 45lbs even though that would be easy ie his feats are inconsident with where they would be. The evidence points to it not being real not vise versa. 

2 You are using a logical fallacy.  You dont have to be as strong as someone to criticize them. You have not countered any of my points, instead have just attacked me(ie you most likely do not even have a counter argument)

3 Btw I would actually prefer for it to be real becuase i always assumed I was going to have to put on alot of muscular bw if I ever wanted to beat it.  

Edited by waler white

@waler white,I saw your Youtube page(James White) and noticed you dont have any videos of yourself doing exercises...you should definitely post some videos,since anyone can make negative comments on another person's exercise video but few will post what they can actually do.Looking towards to seeing your videos,since you seem to be a expert in pullups.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Angel Chav said:

@waler white,I saw your Youtube page(James White) and noticed you dont have any videos of yourself doing exercises...you should definitely post some videos,since anyone can make negative comments on another person's exercise video but few will post what they can actually do.Looking towards to seeing your videos,since you seem to be a expert in pullups.

Once again your entire argument is a logical fallacy. (as you are aware logical fallacies are flaws in logic so please stop using them, you are an expert in personal training and a clinician, you seem like a cool guy)If you present a decent counter argument, I will post videos in 2-3 days when my body recovers, (i am on a 5 day cycle)  even though that is completely irrelevant to our discussion. As of now I can only assume you have no argument. 

Edited by waler white

@ waler white, I am looking towards to seeing your weighted one hand pullup video when you are ready to post it.Until then have a good day and train safe.

Michael Batuk

I can say from my experience with F1 training that it will verifies your strenth and mobility deficits pretty early :) I learn or achieve my first ring muscle up before starting F1.I soon realise that RMU requires strong and mobile wrists to be able to support your body weight in a false grip,adequate pulling strength, mobile shoulders to go into extension and strong enough to push up from very compromised position.This also requires a mobile and healthy rotator muscles that I strained as I disregard mobility aspect.SO yes you can learn the muscle up faster but at what cost?I can do a muscle up on the rings while Im struggling with a ground ring rows as I've neglected my horizontal pulling aspect focusing to much on pull ups and chin ups.Focus your efforts in nailing your foundations and when you  strength and mobility gets more rounded you can put it to the test.

• Upvote 1