Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Equipment

Kris Clouthier

Kris Clouthier

Hello,

I am excited to start this program! I'm planning the purchase and have one question: What equipment do I need right away, if any?

Thanks so much,

Kris

Everett Carroll

Thanks for reaching out Chris!

All of the online courses can be done completely at home. In fact, many students choose to workout in their own home. Below is a list of equipment for each course.

Fundamentals: none

To start Foundation One: Floor space, rings, light dumbbell

Stretch: Yoga Block, Yoga Strap (optional) 
Resistance Band, Way to Elevate Feet (Bridge Only)

Handstand: Wall, Dowel with Weight or Weighted Bar (5-10lbs)

Tumbling: Wall and Floor Space 

Please let us know if you have any more questions. 

• Upvote 3

Pauline Taube

The GymnasticBodies workouts are great if you're traveling too. I've been traveling the world for almost a year and I only keep a pair of gymnastic rings and yoga mat (resistance bands are handy too) with me. It's been no problem to do GST without going to a gym :) 

• Upvote 1

Hi, I was also thinking of starting this type of training, don't I need access to parallel bars, stall bars high rope etc? I have a pull up bar and parallets but not much more.

Everett Carroll

Hey Adam,

The equipment list I posted above is what you will need to get started with each course. If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Hi,

I've gotten through fundamentals and moving on to foundation 1. Can I use the TRX straps for the ring exercises?

Thanks
Dave 

Pauline Taube

Hi Dave,

You can use TRX instead of rings for the first progressions, however I do recommend getting a pair of gymnastic rings. You will need this later :) 

• Upvote 1

Great, Thank you very much for the answer! 

I live in a condo and need home sized equipment, can you or anybody, suggest the best kind of equipment for home installation?

Pauline Taube

I would reccomend to get a pull up bar and a pair of gymnastic rings. Also some light dumbells and a dowel. Stretch blocks and resistance band will also be helpful when doing the Stretch courses :) 

• Upvote 1

Hello Kris,

You can use any kind of strap instead of rings as a substitute that will basically do the same thing (not optimal but useable).

Desks can be used for any kind of pulp variation (in L-sit), and depending how you arrange your furniture even rows.

Be creative and when in doubt jump onto the forum and check out the creative scales already posted here

• Upvote 2

Hi all

I just have a question regarding the exercises like Windscreen Wipers and Hanging Left lifts - is it essential to have your back against something? I only have access to a pull up bar at the gym and unfortunately it is not against the wall like stall bars are. Is this a problem?

Thanks!

Michelle

Pauline Taube

Hi Michelle,

Great question. You can perform them free hanging from a pull-up bar as a temporary solution. The key point here is to reduce backwards movement as much as possible. Relax your shoulders and try to avoid pulling with your lats :) 

Hi Pauline,

Thanks so much for replying! Okay, that's good to know... I was doing them with a slight bend in my arms and I guess that means I'm engaging my lats. I'll try relaxing my shoulders more. Thanks again for your advice!

Michelle

Pauline Taube

NO bend in the elbows Michelle. Also try to let your shoulders relax, by that don't pull them down as you lift your legs. So you almost want your shoulders to touch your ears as you hanging there.

If you'd like some feedback, please submit a form check :) 

• 1 year later...
Sam Brown

Have the same questions about foundation 1 equipment. I have the following equipment:

- Gymnastic Rings (setup under my verandah which is only about 8 foot tall so can't get rings high enough to dead hang)

- Matted area

- Rock Climbing hang/finger board. Can be used for pull-ups/leg raises etc.

- Parralettes

- A few weights/dowel/bar/kettlebells/yoga blocks/resistance bands

How far through Foundation 1 will this equipment get me?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Sam a single bar for the late part of MN work is not the best option, a stall bar or a power rack with 2 bars are a better solution.

Christopher Gentry

Hi, 

I am progressing through foundation one and the stretch series. Im coming up against techniques that are challenging without stall bars. Do I really need to purchase stall bars? If so, this would have been good to know before shelling out hundreds of dollars for the course (which Im really enjoying by the way). Im just not sure that Everret (the first response on this page) is accurate in his list. 

I can only get through half of the thoracic stretch series and the rest of it is done at the stall bars- sure I could use tables or chairs but lets be honest its not the same. 

Like I said, really enjoying the program just mad at the equipment issue

Can anyone help? 

Alessandro Mainente

hey Christopher in the stretch series you can find other solution but for the foundations, stall bar work is recommended. as I said you can emulate the stall bar mechanics with 2 bars in a power rack.

• Like 1