Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundations One while doing Fundamentals?

Chris Umiastowski

Chris Umiastowski

Hi folks,

I'm one week into the Fundamentals course and I find that it's good, but really more of a knowledge base builder for me, not enough actual training given my starting point.  I'm 42, been doing body weight exercises for about 15 years but not GST, so I'm fairly strong compared to an average guy, but I'm WAY weaker than the average GSTer.

I want to dive into F1 concurrently with Fundamentals, but I'm heading to a beach vacation for 10 days as of tomorrow morning. I probably won't be as consistent with workouts during that time, and I'm not sure how good the Wi-Fi will be, so I may be limited with watching the videos. Can I still start the course even if I only get 2-3 workouts in during my vacation? Or will this screw up the progress tracking?  

I'd love to answer my own question but there is very little information publicly available about the content and progression of any of the GB courses.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hi Chris, 

The Fundamentals course is the building blocks for your GST journey. Definitely work through till the end refining your body awareness. This course can also be a great warm up for the Foundation One course. If you are looking to up your game a bit and are recovery well Id say go ahead and add in the Foundation One course. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Ken Krumhansl

By "work through" does that mean every day you do the one single exercise provided in the Fundamentals program? And never do that exercise again till the end? Having trouble following the progression of the Fundamentals program. Is it to just play with each single exercise daily?

Winter Phoenix

Hi Ken,

Fundamentals is designed to take you through a different set of exercises each day with a revision at the end of each block. On completing the exercises for the day it will unlock the next days exercises and so on. 

Fundamentals is designed as a step back in intensity from your normal training it is used almost like a diagnostic tool to help determine where your body is at. If at the end of the days workout you still feel like you have some gas in the tank then it is absolutely fine to go over the previous exercises from the course.

The process will be one of constant refinement as Tanya mentioned. Even upon completion a lot of students will use Fundamentals exercises as a way of warming up for their Foundation work.

The course is designed to have a reliable internet connection but you are most welcome to get in those 2-3 workouts during your vacation you just won't be able to do the follow along or log your progress without an internet connection. 

• Upvote 1