Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DIY Stall bars with accessories - file with construction details

Benjamin Renaud

Benjamin Renaud

Hello, This is a set of stall bars I made with a board and pull-up/dip bar attachment. I plan on making a file with more pics, a cut list and detailed description if anyone is interested. You can see how it all neatly stacks away on the last picture. I use the board for HLR regressions, but i figure it can be used for tons of stuff.

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5767 (2).JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5777 (2).JPG

IMG_5788 (2).JPG

IMG_5783 (2).JPG

Edited by Benjamin Renaud
Forgot some info
  • Upvote 15

Suzanna McGee

Wow, wow, they are beautiful. What a great set up… I need a board like yours, what a good idea! Thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin Renaud

Thanks everyone, like I said I'm working on a file with all the construction details and a few step by step instructions. I'll list the few errors I made in the build too so that people don't make the same errors. I used maple for the uprights and birch dowels that I got from a supplier here in Quebec. The dowels were about 4,50$ CAN each and the uprights about 50$ CAN each, maple being a bit expensive. But I figured it was worthwhile to use solid lumber. The whole setup is only screwed, no glue. The dowels are screwed from behind with 3 inch screws that go all the way through the dowels. The offset one is screwed from the top. I had the metal hooks for the accessories made from a metalworker in my area, 10$ each. In all the project was a bit more expensive than anticipated but well worthwhile. Stay tuned for the file!

• Upvote 3

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Benjamin!

All what I love in one picture! Gymnastics, star wars and legos!! Hahahahaha, :) . May the force be with you!

• Upvote 2

Benjamin Renaud
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Hi Benjamin!

All what I love in one picture! Gymnastics, star wars and legos!! Hahahahaha, :) . May the force be with you!

Haha! Those are my kids Legos, although I do love to play and build with them. They love my set up too, they hang and climb and slide on the board. Hopefully they'll develop a knack for gymnastics, they already take gymnastic classes for fun. No GST though, my son doesn't like when his teachers do strength related stuff too much, they haven't found a way to make it fun for him yet.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Benjamin Renaud

I'll get it done this week. Had someone else ask about it too. I'll get as much as I can in there.

Benjamin Renaud

I'm halfway done with the file. Won't be plans, more like cut list, step by step instructions and some pictures (not of every step of the build but enough to figure out how I think).

• Upvote 2

Benjamin Renaud

@Dorian Brown, can you add pictures in the PDF file? If not all of them maybe just a few of the most important ones? I'm not too proficient anymore with most software, been out of the game for too long. I would of loved to have my document be better presented but all I had to work with was Microsoft word starter (not even the real Office...).

2 hours ago, Benjamin Renaud said:

@Dorian Brown, can you add pictures in the PDF file? If not all of them maybe just a few of the most important ones? I'm not too proficient anymore with most software, been out of the game for too long. I would of loved to have my document be better presented but all I had to work with was Microsoft word starter (not even the real Office...).

Np I tried to make it a pdf on my mac but it won't display the photos so I'll reupload it on my windows computer and see if I can help with the formating.

• Upvote 2

• Benjamin Renaud changed the title to DIY Stall bars with accessories - file with construction details