Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Not to infer that I'm in any way in a rush, but am wondering what the general suggestion is to safely add weights/weight lifting back into one's routine (whether with powerlifting lifts towards hypertrophy or with Olympic lifting lifts towards strength)?

Obviously, I would assume that I would have to be on Foundation 4 or finished for my legs, because, duh. But what about other weighted work? Whether that means adding weight to the front lever, straddle planche, or rope climb, or doing the O-lifts: snatch, and clean&jerk; or the power lifts: bench, squat, and deadlift, what would @Coach Sommer or others, like @Luke Searra, suggest? Also, what would be the preferred approach: adding weight to the Foundation movements or incorporating stand-alone workouts with powerlifting or Olympic lifting lifts? Just curious as I do enjoy the "pump" I get after those exercises, but I'm still some ways away from being comfortable with my active and passive flexibility and range of motion (meaning they are all still lacking quite a lot). 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Thanks Ale. I couldn't find it immediately. 

So, to summarize what you wrote:

To have a recap, i believe in weights use for improve mobility for sure on the beginner group . for more intermediate weights can be introduced in a preliminary phase where technical exercise like bases of snatch , benchpress, swings with KB are implemented. then for advanced a more stable approach can be used.