Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche training or push ups everyday?

Nicolas Lukas

Nicolas Lukas

Hello everyone,

I wonder if it´s that important to rest on these exercises. I personally have the energy and motivation, to train those movements (nearly all upper body gymnastic exercises), but is it good to make progress or is it too much?

Alessandro Mainente

Planche it the basic movement used for preparing the elbows for the iron cross, so if the future goals are rings then planche it is a must. pressing movements are also the basis of some adv rings elements.

both are necessary,

• Upvote 1

Charlie Martin

I don't think planche is something that should be done every day. It is simply too high intensity. The idea is that you should be doing enough volume that you NEED to rest for at least 1 or 2 days before training again.

You don't get stronger when you train, you get stronger when you rest/recover.

Alessandro Mainente

I've never said to train planche everydays, depending on the level of tissue condition and ability to recover the planche can be trained more frequently. if you cannot simply it is your body that cannot handle it.

• Upvote 2

For adults adequate mobility in the shoulders and hips is also a consideration; without it the brakes are on and training is inefficient at best. Throwing more time into it may not help if this is the case. Adequate preparation can allow it to be trained more often, but recovery needs to be monitored :)

Its not about feeling tired, its about profiting on what you did yesterday 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
Rafał Szajbe

And what about doing bend elbows planche holds and leaning forward (in full hollow position)? i mean should i treat it as one of the main part exercises in terms of progressing planche or its just a addition to main part and general strenght? I've red a lot of times that any planche trainnig with elbows bend is not suggested, unless its preparation to rings adv elements, as Alessandro mentioned

Everett Carroll

Those variations are trained in the Foundation courses and are a great addition to your planche training once your hips, shoulder girdle, and upper back are properly prepared. Foundation One definitely preps you well for bent arm planche work. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Rafał Szajbe said:

And what about doing bend elbows planche holds and leaning forward (in full hollow position)? i mean should i treat it as one of the main part exercises in terms of progressing planche or its just a addition to main part and general strenght? I've red a lot of times that any planche trainnig with elbows bend is not suggested, unless its preparation to rings adv elements, as Alessandro mentioned

These are a great exercise but they can only be considered as an accessory to planche, not direct or specific training.

It's not that it's a useless exercise, far from it, but it trains things with a different emphasis, it won't help (much) with building a lock-arm planche, and.... well, with bent arms it's just not a planche :)