Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tumbling one

Tomas Johansson

Tomas Johansson

How much space and equipment is needed for the tumbling one course? How long does it take? How often should it be practiced?

No equipment other than a floor or ground you can roll and possibly fall on if necessary :)

I use a blue tumble Acromat that is some 7m × 1m and it is somewhat longer than necessary. In terms of width you don't want to roll down a corridor, but you don't need a heap of space 

I perform it once a week, it takes approx 30mins, and I usually go into 'overtime' to 40 min depending on how I feel. Could be longer if you take rest between passes, could be shorter if your sets are very short. I'm progressing and noticed near immediate improvements from once a week so it is sufficient for now; I am confident I could do it more often but don't currently see a reason to :) due to the nature of the training its most definitely quality over quantity and 30 mins done right is a fair workout for a beginner in reasonable shape such as myself.

Extra mention for back extension rolls and lower traps growth!

Hope that helps :)

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
Michael Vetter

I am thinking if I should give Tumbling One a try.

Is there an overview of movements that the course consists of?

So far all the courses I got are very good, making sure I dont leave anything out and progressing me in a healthy way (it seems).

I did Capoeira for several years, thought Tumbling might be good to check if there I also have bad habits or things I didnt develop as properly as I should have.

Do you thing T1 could help there?

Alessandro Mainente

HI MIchael, tumbling it is a movement approach which puts together core, balance, handstand, straight arms strength.

the course covers basic locomotion quadrupedal movements, rolls forward and backward, a combination of rolls and cartwheel progression.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/movement-series/

• 9 months later...
Ivan Pomarico
On 1/4/2017 at 9:50 PM, Michael Vetter said:

I am thinking if I should give Tumbling One a try.

Is there an overview of movements that the course consists of?

So far all the courses I got are very good, making sure I dont leave anything out and progressing me in a healthy way (it seems).

I did Capoeira for several years, thought Tumbling might be good to check if there I also have bad habits or things I didnt develop as properly as I should have.

Do you thing T1 could help there?

Hi Michael,

did you get T1? Is it too basic? I was wondering whether it might help with my flip training. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ivan, as a gymnastics coach I can tell you that rolling it is the basis of the tumbling. if the technique it is poor then the acro part will be poor. mastering a cartwheel and after a roundoff, it is essential for future elements.

Ivan Pomarico
On 2/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, Michael Vetter said:

Hi Ivan,

No I didn't get it yet. I thought again about it just 2 weeks ago.

Thanks Michael and Alessandro,

To be on safe side I just bought HS1 and T1. Let's see