Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Behind knee pain

RICK MARVIN TING Ting

RICK MARVIN TING Ting

Hi, recently I have a problem with my right hind knee,I think its called plantaris muscle, every time I try to stretch it the pain comes.It does not hold my movements or anything but its just extra pain to stretch it.Having this problem for more than a week. Anyone have this sort of problems? I just hope it will go away.

Everett Carroll

Hey Rick,

I recommend you never stretch to the point of pain and to see a physio or other medical professional as soon as you can. They will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong and how to safely work on the issue. 

• Upvote 2

Jonas Winback

I second that. Visiting a physio early on when you get some sort of pain is often a good investment. Too many people unfortunately wait for it "just to go away" (even us physiotherapists every now and then), and sometimes it does, but far too often we get patients who have had pain way longer than they would've had to had they gotten treatment early on...

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RICK MARVIN TING Ting said:

It does not hold my movements or anything but its just extra pain to stretch it.

In addition to the good comments above, I would look at this phrase of yours. Sometimes this is a bodies signal of adaptation from a new stimulus, or stretch, the body was not used to previously. Pain not limiting movement, and not having continued pain once the activity stops is usually a good sign. Behind the knee pain can sometimes come on with too intense of an increase in straight leg stretches, for example, if you pushed too hard, or are not used to it. Sometimes backing off intensity just a bit helps it to go away and then you can move on.

• Upvote 3

RICK MARVIN TING Ting

Thank you,for all your advices.I think I am gonna try to slow down for a few weeks before going to a physiotherapist.Hopefully it gets better.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
RICK MARVIN TING Ting

Hi just an update,my legs feels great after slowing down plus with some chinese traditional massage 'gua sha'. I can stretch even better now without the pain that have been bothering me.