Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jefferson Curl 3 Technique Questions

Michael LeGrice

Michael LeGrice

Hello everyone, 

Apologies if these have already been answered but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.  3 questions relating to j curls. 

1. Keep glutes "engaged" or relaxed?  Should I keep my butt slightly squeezed for the duration of the curl, yah or nah?

2. Should I engage my abs to help pull myself down or just relax and let the weight do the work?  ( I find I can curl more by pulling myself down, maybe it is because I'm not using heavy enough weights?)

Thanks very much,

mike

I wouldn't worry about either of those points too much here, the proper activation will come naturally otherwise you'll fall on your face.

The important thing is to segmentally roll down and up, if you're doing that well, the rest will take care of itself naturally.

• Upvote 3

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Michael LeGrice said:

Hello everyone, 

Apologies if these have already been answered but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.  3 questions relating to j curls. 

1. Keep glutes "engaged" or relaxed?  Should I keep my butt slightly squeezed for the duration of the curl, yah or nah?

2. Should I engage my abs to help pull myself down or just relax and let the weight do the work?  ( I find I can curl more by pulling myself down, maybe it is because I'm not using heavy enough weights?)

Thanks very much,

mike

I would add that tight people who try to squeeze the abs are often experimenting terrible cramps in the abs..theyr are not so good. trust me.

• Upvote 1