Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall Handstand question

EHILL

What would be a better routine 7 to 10 sets of wall handstands with a 20 second wall handstand then stop using the wall and free stand as long as possible or 10 minutes of total work time wall hanstands for as many sets as it takes for 10 minutes of work.

I'm following Killroy70 workout M/T TH/F which calls for handstand work on all 4 days.

Also why do I get little red skin blotches on my forehead when I do handstand work that last for a couple of days? Will the body adapt to this or will I always get these damn red blotches....

Thx...

Your body will adapt over time. Maybe newbies to gymnastics get this. It's your capillaries. Sometimes people even have capillaries burst in their face or eyes in inversion work.

Are you doing the HS work for strength gains or mastery of HS?

Your body will adapt over time. Maybe newbies to gymnastics get this. It's your capillaries. Sometimes people even have capillaries burst in their face or eyes in inversion work.

Are you doing the HS work for strength gains or mastery of HS?

Great I'll take the skin blotches over a cap burst'n in my eye.

As far as HS work I would like to obtain a solid foundation then move on to master the HS.

From what I've read it sounds like I need to have my stomach facing the wall for 4-7 sets of half my max. I'm in the process of buying a mat so I can learn to roll out of the HS.

Thx...

Save your money on the mat and use it for the book and equipment. Panel mats are way too expensive, though perhaps useful if you want to practice some tumbling beyond just basics on the wall.

A couch pillow will suffice for padding.

Lower to a headstand from the wall handstand and roll out using your skull as a guide. It's best to use the back part of your head down your spine.

http://drillsandskills.com/article/7

http://drillsandskills.com/article/9