Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Courses for Competency in Rings?

Jaideep Mukherjee

Jaideep Mukherjee

When I click on https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/ it shows, among other options, the following picture and hyperlink. When I click on the link, it takes me to the page with all the different online courses. So I am not sure exactly which course or courses relate specifically to the Rings, even though I had clicked on the button/picture for Rings. Could someone clarify please? Thank you.

Jaideep Mukherjee

Thanks Cory. I am assuming F2 refers to Foundation 2. Could you provide the URL for Rings One course - I did not see it in the list of training programs. Is there a page giving detailed descriptions of each training program - it is  a little confusing. Thanks!!

Alessandro Mainente

As Coach Sommer stated , rings one is intermediate, you need to show a decent mastery of at least Foundation 1.

Since the page covers an INTRODUCTION you need to understand that rings it is not an introduction to GST and new do not need them in the program schedule.

Jaideep Mukherjee

Thank you Coach Sommer and others for clarification. So a reasonable progression would be:

Fundamentals --> Foundation One (Must) --> Foundation Two, Three and Four (Recommended) --> Rings One

I still can't see any info on Rings One (errors or it returns to Intro page). Is this a hands-on training/seminar (one has to be at a physical seminar location) rather than online training? I am just curious. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Hi Brett, 

GymnasticBodies strongly recommends that you complete Foundation One before even thinking about rings. You can purchase the rings course, but with out the proper foundations training you are more prone tendentious. 

Train wisely! ;) 

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for the response. I was just going to go ahead and purchase foundations 2 and the Rings course to have them for when I have completed foundations 1. I see the unlock box on all of the programs but when I click on that it takes me to the GST page where the foundation courses are for sale as well as fundamentals and movement. There is no option anywhere that I can find to purchase the rings course. I don't know if that is a glitch that needs to be worked out or does it just become available to purchase once foundation one is completed? Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Jaideep Mukherjee

Brett: It seems all the UNLOCK links lead to the same Introduction page, which has info on all training courses (Foundation, Handstand, Thrive,etc) EXCEPT the Rings training. That may be what was causing confusion. Rings training is there, but not accessible unless one proves worthy of it - I am sure it is one of the hardest, and requires solid preparation :-)

• Upvote 1

Nicholas Camic
On 9/21/2016 at 6:56 PM, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Jaideep,

Rings One is an intermediate level GST course.  New students should have completed Foundation One as a minimum pre-requisite prior to beginning Rings One.

Here is the introductory page which provides an overview of the beginning level GST programs:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/training/

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach,

I understand that foundation 1 completion is the minimum for starting the rings course. Is there an 'ideal' course completion status before starting rings? Thanks for your time.

Best,
Nick

Ideally F4 completion; F2 should be sufficient to work Rings reasonably productively; H1 and H2 are co-requisites for R1 and pre-reqals for R2 (not yet released) :)

• Upvote 2