Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can Thrive succeed for students?

Gil Goldman

Hi everyone!

Thanks to your amazing reviews of the Thrive system and it's benefits, I decided to give it a go!

About two years ago I've started attending university abroad, and while it is immensely fun, living in Europe has had a massive impact on my weight. So while your reviews have convinced me that Thrive works, I have a few specific questions regarding how can Thrive be adapted to my life.

1. As the university dormitory only allows use of an oven in the larger, common kitchens, which needs to be reserved a few days in advance, I am usually limited to cooking using a stove and a microwave. Does Thrive rely heavily on using an oven, or could it be circumvented?
  2. Student life are messy and unorganized - would it be possible to maintain Thrive even without a rigid, or sometimes even known, schedule? Or must we eat very specific amounts in very specific times?
  3. While living in a foreign country has a lot of benefits, transparency is not one of them. Would Thrive work if I am unable to ascertain fully what exactly is in whatever I am required to eat? Meaning, does Thrive rely heavily on eating Grass-fed, Non Gmo, gluten free, lactose free, free range, organic foods, or other random food requirements? Learning the appropriate words to find out how much salt is in this sauce is easy, trying to explain what is grass fed is hard (from experience)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! you guys are an inspiration, and I can't wait to get started!

Everett Carroll

Hi Gil,

Thrive helps you build good habits while still allowing plenty of flexibility. The program allows far more freedom than you are expecting and I don't foresee what you listed to hinder your adherence to the program. 

Gil,

Good questions. All of those questions as answered in Thrive. Since you have it just watch the videos and read the essays and you will have your answer. 

Cheers

• Upvote 3

Hi Everett and Jeff!

Thanks a lot! Will definitely go buy the program now, and looking forward to getting this party started :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.