Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Micha Trejgis

Micha Trejgis

Hello,

When i stretch legs - for example pancake walk, i often feel stretch not on the hamstring but much lower, at the knee hight, about kneecap hight but still in the back of the leg. Should it be like that? Thanks in advance for your answear

Hi Micha, 

Great question. During pancake walks behind the knee is the spot where you should feel it. Make sure you are pointing your toes hard to keep the quads engaged and help behind the knee open up. 

Feel free to share a video. 

Alessandro Mainente

What you are feeling is the biggest gap that people need to fill for middle split and pancake: the tight connective tissue that moves from hips to knees, sartorius and gracilis. you will find that you need to pass the most of your time on this tissue release.

• Upvote 3

Micha Trejgis
On 5.09.2016 at 10:58 PM, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Micha, 

Great question. During pancake walks behind the knee is the spot where you should feel it. Make sure you are pointing your toes hard to keep the quads engaged and help behind the knee open up. 

Feel free to share a video. 

Thanks :) So this pain i ok, and i should go threw it? When i feel the pain i don't feel stretch in the hamstring.... I will post video tommorow :)

Micha Trejgis
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

What you are feeling is the biggest gap that people need to fill for middle split and pancake: the tight connective tissue that moves from hips to knees, sartorius and gracilis. you will find that you need to pass the most of your time on this tissue release.

So i should keep going and dont mind the pain? just go slowly? When I feel it i don't feal hamstring streath - is it ok? :) My friend told me that i can gave some muscles glued together, if it would be the case it should go away itself?

Alessandro Mainente

Pain should be acceptable, do not force it. it requires a looooot of time. stretch the hamstring with an exercise from the front split course cold be useful before middle split pancake specific work.

• Upvote 1