Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post Workout Nutrition

Jessica Feliciano

Jessica Feliciano

Hello Guys,

Just started Foundation One after finishing the Fundamentals and it's kicking my ass lol. I want to make sure I'm eating well post-workout, so what do you all suggest is best practice? 

Protein shake? Protein bars? Something different? 

Thanks in advance ;)

Jessica

Hi Jessica, 

Glad to hear you are on the Foundations! This course will definitely keep you busy. A protein shake is a great idea, 30 minutes before you train. Depending on your energy you may even be able to make it through training and have the protein shake after. 

@Jeff Serven what do you think?

Everett Carroll

A healthy meal, ideally with veggies and a good amount of protein. I recommend dialing in healthy meal habits before worrying about supplementation. Do you own Thrive?

• Upvote 3

Julia Quigley
12 minutes ago, Jeff Serven said:

I think Jessica should do Thrive...

I could be wrong, I think every single person who has posted about their Thrive experience has said they experienced more energy and better recovery from workouts. 

• Upvote 1

Antonio Alías Montoya

And please, don t forget about carbs! Mmm, I love them... As Everett pointed suplementation is... suplementation. Eating well is a lifetime learning or at least a few years learning. First learn to eat whole unprocessed food: fruits, veggies, grains, beans, nuts and different sources of high protein meals. Meanwhile you can start reading a little bit about suplementation and to consider what can be useful and add it to your daily food. But in anycase try to chew the great majority of your food and just "drink" what it s necessary for suplementing.

Jessica Feliciano
On September 2, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Everett Carroll said:

A healthy meal, ideally with veggies and a good amount of protein. I recommend dialing in healthy meal habits before worrying about supplementation. Do you own Thrive?

I just got thrive actually! Does it bring up specific post-workout habits? I haven't gotten too far yet lol

Jessica Feliciano

BTW, thank you everyone for your input! I'm excited I got Thrive and I'm hoping for it to really help me get my nutrition down. It has been very tough for me to keep consistent in terms of my nutrition habits, so I'm hoping to finally nip that in the butt. 

Thanks again!

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.