Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training with labrum tear in hip?

Maxim Berman

Maxim Berman

Dear folks at GB,

I am writing because i need some advice. I am used to working out a lot but am troubled with an injury and i dont know what the best way is to start working out again. Around a year ago i started getting hip pains following an ankle sprain. After long sessions at the fysiotherapist i was referred to the hospital to get an mri done and they discovered a tiny tear in my labrum. So tiny that i do not think they will want to operate. The advice i was given in relation to working out was that i had to improve my flexibility and strength in the hip region (im very tight in my lower body). Right now i have pain with sit ups with my legs locked, leg raises, etc. Also, my hip mobility is terrible. You hear a lot of clicking noises from shifting tendons i believe.

Do you think i could follow this program to improve these issues or you not recommend it?

I just bought the fundamentals package and intend to follow it fo a week to find out if my hip can take it. Do you have any tips or experience/advice you could give on gaining hip flexibility with an injury like this? In the long run i intend to add swim training so i can work on my cardio too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Maxim, my personal experience is that you need to work on fundamentals with a physio who can tell you what it is more or less safe. it is a good thing because your physio needs to know what you are doing and what types of range of motion you are explorings. with the fundamentals you can have a clear vision about specific hips limitation. by showing these exercises  the physio he can tell you where you need to work more, then came back for more suggestions!

• Upvote 1

Maxim Berman

Is there a place where i can see all movements in the fundamentals course? As of yet i have no clue whats in store

Alessandro is spot on about working through the Fundamentals with a physio.

The Fundamentals course is designed to go through basic movements of all joints. You will also touch up on body position and basic core work. Definitely a great course to start with.