Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First time post

Erik Ireland

Erik Ireland

I started with Fundamentals after the first Tim Ferriss podcast and then added Foundation1/Pro at the end of June. I added H1 and the stretch series at the beginning of August. I love all the information about the "old folks" who have had success as I am 52. I started with reasonable basic fitness, but almost no mobility.  Not surprising, the push up and plank type progressions have been pretty easy, but shoulders, hips, ankles, calves.... well let's just say I have a long way to go.  I love the progressions and I am remembering to take the long term perspective.

My question: are there any long term issues with stretching like this? An acquaintance of mine just had hip replacement surgery at about 58. He blamed it on many years of excessive stretching for his martial arts competitions. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Erik, 

Great question.

Over stretching can be dangerous if you are not balancing your range of motion with strength. GymnasticBodies is by far the best balance between strength and mobility. The GB courses are built off of many years of Coach Sommer's knowledge on handing athletes at all levels. 

Take your time when stretching and never train through pain, and GB courses are designed to be a healthy lifestyle that can be preformed long term. 

• Upvote 2

Erik Ireland

Thanks Tonya. I was pretty sure that was going to be the answer, but it's nice to hear it specifically addressed.

• Upvote 1