Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stretch series - which one to start with?

Anthony Winyard

Anthony Winyard

I am currently on the fundamentals course and seen mention that the stretch series has no prerequisites and can be started at any time, but which one of the stretch series is generally recommended to start with? Is there a recommended order to take them in?

I don't have any injuries or specific areas i want to work on, nor am I in a rush and have no problem with coach Sommers advice about going through the programme patiently, just not sure which order to do them in.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Anthony Winyard there is no recommended order to start with the stretch series. i would suggest that you start working on it as soon as you finish your fundamentals course. :) 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Damon Finaldi
On August 24, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Anthony Winyard there is no recommended order to start with the stretch series. i would suggest that you start working on it as soon as you finish your fundamentals course. :) 

Hi Coach @Leo Trinidad, I have some chronic tight hip flexors and recently had a right hip resurfacing (8 months ago).  My range of motion is good but I want to continue working on my stretching. Which stretch series would be best to start?  I specifically want to focus on hip and thoracic. I'm a 38 year old executive washed up meathead. Sort of in shape. Not by your standards. 

Edited by Damon Finaldi

Hi @Damon Finaldi, have you already purchased the Fundamentals course? The whole stretch series will address your concerns in hip and thoracic but along with Foundation Courses the you will eliminate your imbalances faster.

Upon Completion of Fundamentals, starting with Stretch Series and Foundation One helps address overall strength and mobility imbalances. As Coach Sommer would say, "make haste slowly"

• Upvote 1