Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to fix my Posture?

James Coppola

James Coppola

Something doesn't look right with my posture. Are there any exercises and or stretches to fix this? Keep in mind that I sit a lot and I have access to Foundation series and Handstand 1.  

Posture_2.png

Leo Trinidad

Hi @James Coppola,

I am no expert on postures. Maybe @Wesley Tan can help you more on this. But im sure Foundation Series and Handstand One will greatly improve your overall well being(strength, mobility, flexibility) as you progress along. :) 

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Your posture it is actually altered:

-anterior pelvic tilt, probably tight hips flexor and weak abs and deep trunk flexor. tons of elbows plank

-kyphosis with shoulders tilted forward: first 2 exercise of handstand one trying to avoid any type of lower back compensation, first IM of front lever as a stable warm up, the following IM's of front lever in order to open the rib cage.

In your case I would consider the front split course to address hip flexor stretch and the T-spine to one your chest. I hope that your kyphosis it is due to bad posture and nothing involved with genetic 

• Upvote 3

James Coppola

@Alessandro Mainente I have always suspected that I had kyphosis, if it is due to genetics that will be a shame. In regards to strengthening my core and all it's internal and external muscles will planks help or should I include more core exercises such as hanging leg raises and oblique exercises? I know these exercises will be covered in Foundation but I would like to work on this issue now to fix it as soon as possible. I also experience pain in my mid and lower traps and I suspect this is due to my bad posture. Thanks for all your suggestions:) 

Alessandro Mainente

NOpe James, hanging legs lift will increase the deficit, some serious planche work (F1) and front lever work (F1) are so perfect to cure the lower back problems. I really cured many many many lower back pain with a simple hollow body holds, especially if they are a direct consequence of desk or driving work.

• Upvote 4