Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Optimal training for increased mobility

Reece Mander

Reece Mander

Hi everyone.

My question relates to weighted mobility work and trying to increase active flexibility.

If time is no issue, how often can we train elements such as weighted shoulder extension/flexion, jefferson curls and other weighted mobility exercises?

I am also doing each of the stretch series once per week. Can this also be increased?

I have lots of time to train (up to 4 hours per day) so wondering how to effectively spend this time. 

Thanks

Reece

Alessandro Mainente

For beginners I suggest at least 1 year of stretch series once a week, you can do on daily basic only 1-2 exercise from each course where you feel a bit more tight.

Since the major mobility work with weight added it is a pure strength trainer, again for beginner 2 times a week it is optimal for a full recovery.

• Upvote 1

Reece Mander
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

For beginners I suggest at least 1 year of stretch series once a week, you can do on daily basic only 1-2 exercise from each course where you feel a bit more tight.

Since the major mobility work with weight added it is a pure strength trainer, again for beginner 2 times a week it is optimal for a full recovery.

Thanks Alessandro. What about people who are not complete beginners? I'm at Foundation 3 for almost all of the strength based elements and i've been doing the stretch series for 1 year already. (missed about 2 months because of injuries)

Thanks

R

Everett Carroll

I am closer to your level and make great progress doing each stretch series once per week and perform weighted mobility work 3x per week in my Foundation or Handstand workouts.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Definite you can evaluate Everett's suggestion, move to 3 times a week for the weighted and increase a bit the frequency only on the exercise where you are tight. 

Hi Reece, 

Having met you at the recent seminar I would suggest you follow the protocol as suggested by Alessandro for now and the next 8-12 months.

There is a BIG disparity between your strength and mobility, and in terms of the mobility it will effect you as it would a beginner.

For the fatsest improvements in mobility yiu have to make mobility the major part of your training as I mentioned to yiu before.

I would also seriously review your Foundation progress from from F1 and use videos here on the forum for feedback. What most people think is mastery is most often not.

Don't mean to be downer bro, but the fastes way to improve is to know where we really are first.

• Upvote 5

Eva Pelegrin
3 hours ago, Wesley Tan said:

What most people think is mastery is most often not.

Don't mean to be downer bro, but the fastes way to improve is to know where we really are first.

Word.

Reece Mander
8 hours ago, Wesley Tan said:

Hi Reece, 

Having met you at the recent seminar I would suggest you follow the protocol as suggested by Alessandro for now and the next 8-12 months.

There is a BIG disparity between your strength and mobility, and in terms of the mobility it will effect you as it would a beginner.

For the fatsest improvements in mobility yiu have to make mobility the major part of your training as I mentioned to yiu before.

I would also seriously review your Foundation progress from from F1 and use videos here on the forum for feedback. What most people think is mastery is most often not.

Thanks so much Wes. I have been working a lot more on mobility since I met you guys so thank you very much. It has been getting much much better so looking forward to showing you where i am next year :)

I will go back and revisit all of level 1 and put up the mastery check videos for critique thanks so much again. 

• Upvote 1