Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Static holds vs Sets n Reps

Paulius Lazdauskas

Paulius Lazdauskas

Hey, so i reached a level of about 70 push ups, 27-30 dips, and 17 pull ups. So im not a begginer anymore, and i really want to master all the advanced moves like planche, front lever and so on and my main question is should i do like 1 day of sets n reps and on the other day do static holds (tuck FL, tuck planche, handstand, L - Sit) and flow with this kind of program? or should i do the progressions at the start of the training session and than do sets n reps from the energy that i am left with? Do i need to continue doing pull ups, dips and push up exercises at all?  Do they help in my advanced moves proggressions?

Edited by Paulius Lazdauskas

Keep one mastery set in your warmup of everything you have mastered. You don't have to warm up with every movement every day, just rotate through them.

Paulius Lazdauskas

@Dustin Lord So you mean just continue training improving my strength and size, and just do one set of the proggressions every training session, as a part of the warm up?

Paulius Lazdauskas

@Dustin Lord I'm very sorry to bother you, but i still can't quite get what are you trying to say. So i should focus more on the tuck progressions? or pull ups and dips/pushups? 

Paulius Lazdauskas

I can hold tuck FL for 10 secs and the advanced frogstand for 15+ secs. that's all i got right now

Alessandro Mainente

In you situation and after reading your level you are a beginner. for you the most productive program is foundations.

• Upvote 1

Gymnasticbodies no longer discusses programming which is covered by the courses. There is plenty of free information available for you to build a routine but programming and routine advice are not discussed here any more :)

• Upvote 3