Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pseudo planche push ups and planche lean video

Gregor

Is this a tuck planche or advance tuck planche?

Can someone tell me what I need to correct?

That would be the advanced tuck planche aka "Flat-Back Tuck" and your hips are high enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Andrew Graham

Hi guys

My question is not so much about the pseudo push up itself, but more of how training the exagurated kyphotic curvature of the spine and held protraction of the scapula whilst doing the push up can effect humna posture!?!.....I love the foundation series and i am experiencing incredible gains in strength (particularly from handstands aswell!) but i am always apprehensive to try the big hollow body moves because i fear that i will end up educating an anterior pelvic shift (not tilt) and over pronounced curvature in my back that nearly all olympic gymnasts have.

is it ok to train these type of components with a neutral spine?

cheers

Keilani Gutierrez

isn't that why Arch dominant positions should also be enforced? i've been working on my APT this entire year along side mostly Foundation & Handstand work and have only experienced improvement in my posture(and also where im tightest, which right now is in my quads and psoas)

i wouldnt be too worried about it. I got the same forewarning from a very experienced yoga teacher/practitioner and I took her seriously yet also experimented for myself to see if balance can be kept. (there IS a disparity between my anterior and posterior mobility in certain respects, but as i've gotten healthier, its directly linked to how mobile im getting and how the balance is coming back.)

Edited by KeilaniG

I've only been doing f1 and h1 for 8-9 months now and I've seen a dramatic improvement in my posture. I'm still a little head forward but not as badly. Posture is as much or more about being aware of it, at least for me. With the fl ims, sl pe's and h1 I doubt your posture will suffer.

• 4 months later...
Maurizio Titz

I've got a very fundamental question. During the PPPu scapula should be protected right...

Is it possible to keep the scapula protracted for the hole ROM?!

At a certain point my shoulders always move back to a more normal push up posture. Is that normal and correct?!

Because to me it feels totaly natural but nobody adresses that particular topic....

Carmen Schult

I've got a very fundamental question. During the PPPu scapula should be protected right...

Is it possible to keep the scapula protracted for the hole ROM?!

At a certain point my shoulders always move back to a more normal push up posture. Is that normal and correct?!

Because to me it feels totaly natural but nobody adresses that particular topic....

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/15851-tpp-scapula-cues/?p=154082

• Upvote 1

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic