Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Olympics 2016 Thread

Dorian Brown

Ali Mohammed

Just imagine how all the other woman feel. Biles is 19 and not going anywhere for the next X amount of years. So most of them probably know that they will lose going into a competition against Biles. Must be grueling to work your whole life to get to the Olympics and then know you chances of winning are slim to non.

Dorian Brown

Congrats to Alex Naddor on getting one for the US. Mat Whitlock has been amazing for GB. He is just so composed and calm with all his events. Nothing he does seems overly flashy but it is crisp and consistent. I definitely think it is the mental game that is giving certain competitors an edge at this level. Whitlock,Biles, Raisman and Uchimura all have ice in their veins. They just go out there and do their routine like it is just another day, where as you can see the pressure on the face of other competitors.

I really wished that Dipa Karmakar had got a medal for her produnova. Still proud though, she's one of the 5 women to complete it so far.

• Upvote 1

Piotr Ochocki

Here we have new rings champion E. Petrounias.

We did in fact noticed him few years ago, nice to see years progression:

• Upvote 1

Piotr Ochocki
46 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I've never seen so many high diff vaults in a final.

And no big mistakes (that one bad landing was on a massive vault).

And so nice to see such a good looking, elegant gymanast&routine winning the beam.

• Upvote 1

Briac Roquet

Tomorrow Biles is going to want to kill people on floor, she looked pissed haha. Sanne Wever really nailed her routine, I liked that the difficulty came from different stuff. Well deserved, and it could have gone either way even if Biles hadn't faltered, which is cool.

Also, I agree that there were so many difficult vaults, that was definitely a good show! Too bad Kenzo Shirai's second vault has such a low difficulty, results would have been interesting. And too bad Radivilov didn't properly land his triple. Another very good evening!

Joachim Nagler

I'm happy for Hambüchen, such a great way to end your career.

All together, all of the competitions were really amazing and exciting. 

1 hour ago, Joachim Nagler said:

I'm happy for Hambüchen, such a great way to end your career.

All together, all of the competitions were really amazing and exciting. 

I'm happy for Hambüchen as well.
Interestingly though, his gold performance wasn't his best. In Beijing (15,875, bronze) and London (16,400(!), silver) he scored more points. Seems like it always depends on your competitors how your performance is rewarded.