Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foot cramps when pointing toes

Daniel Miles

Daniel Miles

Hey!

Random one... 90% of the time when I try to point my toes excessively the left foot cramps up real bad for a few seconds till I stop pointing it.

Anyone have a reason for this? and why is it so imperitive to point toes?

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Your tibialis are too much tight. so simple.

we point toes for a matter of tension first (aesthetic second) , it makes the full knees extension easier to be achieved compared to bent knees.

• Upvote 3

Alfred Cameron Hunt

Ok, I have this problem all the time as well in both feet. So how do I focus on correcting it (i.e. which stretches)? This problem is always getting in the way for me. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

As stated before tibialis is the problem. you can follow the stretch course of front split.

• 1 year later...
Clint Miller

I just started the Foundation 1 program and have also noticed this cramping in the foot when I point my toes.  The specific exercise is the tuck-up (MN/PE1).  Coach Sommer's comment in the Mobility thread "pointing your toes" has some specific exercises and a good explanation.  I also signed up for the "Middle Split" stretch series which has a lot of toe pointing which should help.  The Coach's comments on shin splints are also relevant to me because I have struggled with this problem when jumping rope. 

Alessandro Mainente

Nothing too complex, you need simply to stretch the tibialis ainterior.