Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to orient my ring set up

Gregory Tran

Gregory Tran

Hello,

I am a beginner to the Foundations 1 course.  Currently in week 2.  I didn't realize I needed rings for this, so just bought a set w/ a rogue ring hanger.

My question is this.  I will be installing on my enclosed porch ceiling which is 10' wide.  Do I install them so I have an even 5' on each side?  Or should I be putting it a little father to either side?  I have no idea what kinda of exercises are coming up, so would appreciate some feedback.  I have to drill some giant holes into my exposed beams which my family will not love, so hoping to get it right the first time.

Everett Carroll

Smack in the middle of the 10ft should be good. The rings 50cm apart is standard. Feel free to post a picture before you drill.

• 1 month later...
Kanesa Seraphin

similar question: I just got my rings in the mail. I am planning to attach them to my ceiling by securing them via an eye-bolt (with washer and nut) that connects to the main ceiling beam (we have my daughter's aerial silk connected in the same way).

I have been reading about folks needing swivels and/or bars to hang the rings, so I went searching on the forum. Your response above suggests that I should be fine with two eye bolts (one for each ring) spaced 50cm apart.

Please confirm, or please let me know if there is a better way to go.

Thanks,

Screenshot 2016-09-20 08.28.23.pngKanesa

ps. attaching photo of aerial silk set up showing eye bolt. Pretty grainy photo, but you get the idea.

@Cole DanoI assume the same eye bolt set up could be used to hang a rope, as well as for hanging a bar from for pull ups?  Or will the unstable nature of the set up be inappropriate for a pull up bar?

Edited by Jamie Sanden

I'd say for a pull up bar, sure, but better if it's a fixed bar, and not that much of a change from just using the rings you already have.

I have seen set ups using 4 eye bolts, so the bar is hung between two cables forming a V shape, and that does a fair job of reducing the swing.