Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jason De Knegt

Jason De Knegt

Hello I am 37 years old and just finished the fundamentals 24 day program. As light as it was, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm already feeling and moving better, as well as noticing a much Better awareness of the way my body moves in general.  My question is about progressing forward. My main objective in starting up with GST was injury prevention and gaining full strength in motion/full mobility. I'm soccer player and a recreational martial artist (mma, wrestling, kickboxing, jujitsu), doing each about once a week. I also do weight training in what has been an ongoing struggle to put on muscle (5-10", 160 lb's). I want to continue with GST, but do I need to discontinue doing what I love to prevent over doing it? Or is there a proper way to balance? Also, is there a specific GST program that would be best for my activities? Weight training would be the easiest to let go of, but at 4,000 calories a day I can barely maintain my weight as is and would hate to lose what muscle I do have. Sorry for the long post, but figured maxima detail would help. Thanks everybody! Looking forward to moving forward. 

Mikkel Ravn

The foundation and handstand series quickly ramp up to become pretty intensive, but I see no reason why you should drop soccer and martial arts. 

The conflict arises if you decide to run another strengt training program in parallel with GST, as this will most likely have a detrimental effect on both. 

• Upvote 3

Jon Douglas

Think Ravn pretty much summed that one up. I also originally picked up GST in support of martial arts.

• Upvote 1

Phil Costantino

Please accept my apologies if I am asking this question in an incorrect manner and I should be starting a new thread. 

I have just started the Fundamentals program in the last four days. I am part of a group training session involving cardio and weights. I get together with friends 4/5 times a week. When I progress to the next level is it detrimental to continue with the group training?

Mikkel Ravn
1 hour ago, Phil Costantino said:

Please accept my apologies if I am asking this question in an incorrect manner and I should be starting a new thread. 

I have just started the Fundamentals program in the last four days. I am part of a group training session involving cardio and weights. I get together with friends 4/5 times a week. When I progress to the next level is it detrimental to continue with the group training?

Could be an issue, depending on how hard you're going in the group session.

Why don't you persuade your group to try out GST?

• Upvote 1