Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help guys!

xcondeezex

Hey let me start off by giving some background info about me.

Im 16 and have been wrestling for 2 years and working out for around 3. So im not necessarily a week person. I wrestle at 160 pounds and I try not to weigh anymore than 10 pounds more than that. I Just got xtreme rings and I must say I thought I was good at bodyweight exercises but man, dips on bars and dips on these things are way different. I can do around 10 dips on these, around 30 push ups with feet elevated. 15 pull ups, and 7 bulgarian dips. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a few routines to help get my strength on rings because it is much more functional exercise than most weight lifting. And I have a lot more respect for gymnasts strength and physiques and want to be more like them. So if anyone could help with srength and hypertrophy gains thanks.

Muscle-ups and skin the cats early on. Hold the skin the cat in the front and back at horizontal and focus on extending out from there.

Various supporting, push-ups. Lower them down to near floor and do pushup position to something like a cross, arms out ( maltese like or ring fly ).

A routine as far as sets and reps? or as in a combination of exercises? There is one in another thread with a video on youtube.

thanks. I mean like an entire routine exercises sets reps and all that if possible. I know nothing about ring training I dont know what maltese or planche or anything really is.

George Launchbury

Hi xcondeezex,

Here is a link to Coach's Thread: Beginning Ring Strength Series

> http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351

This thread contains all the information you should need for now. If you have any specific questions (after reading around and doing a quick search for answers) then you will invariably receive plenty of assistance. I mention this because the generic make me a routine question generally gets very little feedback, since it's quite a one-sided venture.

Good luck, and be careful about hitting the rings too hard to start with. Use good form and recover adequately. They place a lot more stress on your joints than stable bodyweight exercises on bars and floor. A mix of the two might be advisable to start with, and put in some overhead/handstand work (on the floor, not rings to start with) as well maybe?

Regards,

George.