Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leonardo Campodonico

Leonardo Campodonico

Hi all  , i see two weighted  exercises for harmstrings : jefferson curl and goodmorning.

which one is better for reinforce harmstrings ? and what are the different muscles activated ? 

i want to do one of this two in the rest of superman or l-sit or l'sit pull ups . 

some advice ? :) thank you all (sorry for my english , i'm still learning it ) 

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

Hi Leonardo,

Both are good exercises. You will probably be able to use higher loads for good-mornings, so for the purpose of strengthening and growing the hamstrings, these may be better.

The weight and ROM on Jefferson curls is limited by the mobility and strength of the spine and posterior chain, and are excellent for preparing the back against injury and increasing mobility. They are sort of like a deadlift taken to the absolute maximum range of motion, and for this reason we use lighter loads (at first) and there is good carryover to exercises such as deadlifts and good mornings.

There is a lot of discussion on Jefferson curls in the Foundation 1 forum :)

• Upvote 2

Leonardo Campodonico

well , that's perfect . i want to try  both . I think that i'll train first good morning with lighter loads than i 'll try to increase weight  and after that ,  jefferson curl.

all of this in months , not weeks . is it ok if i post my jefferson curl ? just to see if it's right :)

Alessandro Mainente

Jefferson it is primarily an exercise to improve the strength of all the muscles surrounding every single unit of the spine involved during spine extension. the leverage we are used to show that is a consequence of a good technique it is too less to improve a lot hamstring exercise. for this reason if you want to train hamstring with JC you need a lot lot of weight but it is no the best choice for your back. on the other side romanian deadlift is one of the best solution. my preferences are always the bodyweight variations of leg curls.

• Upvote 5