Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall bars on masonry wall

Igor De Britto

Igor De Britto

Hey there, folks!

I just received my stall bars and came to realize I hadn't done much research on how or where to install them. I'd love your input so that I can hang without fearing rippings and falls! Here's the situation:

• My whole house is made if masonry walls.
  • Ceiling will always come <2,60m height, but there are a few places with 2,60m.
  • Lots of walls have hammock hooks.

I've read before that they can be used, but then found no recomendation on how. Are there any guidelines, such as recomended screw anchors, wall positions and the likes?

I'm guessing a wall with hammock hooks is a good candidate (as long as hammock AND stall bars don't get used at the same time). Also, I've seen some mentions to "legged" stall bars, but couldn't understand it after a few google searches. Any pointers?

Hey Igor

Masonry walls are very common in Europe and in many ways easier to deal with than frame walls.

I'd recommend you just go to your local hardware and tell them what you are planning to do, they will have to proper hardware for your locale. You will need a masonry drill bit and ideally a hammer drill, but for a one off you can get by with a normal drill and some elbow grease. Again just ask at the hardware store for the proper bit for the wall inserts you're buying.

If the stall bars a little too high just trim the bottom, I had to do this with mine it's not a big deal at all.

Don't use the hooks, just permanently mount the bars and be done with it.

• Upvote 2

Igor De Britto
10 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

Hey Igor

Masonry walls are very common in Europe and in many ways easier to deal with than frame walls.

I'd recommend you just go to your local hardware and tell them what you are planning to do, they will have to proper hardware for your locale. You will need a masonry drill bit and ideally a hammer drill, but for a one off you can get by with a normal drill and some elbow grease. Again just ask at the hardware store for the proper bit for the wall inserts you're buying.

If the stall bars a little too high just trim the bottom, I had to do this with mine it's not a big deal at all.

Don't use the hooks, just permanently mount the bars and be done with it.

Thanks, Cole. I'll take a chance there tomorrow and be sure to take some pictures of hardcore usage, as people don't have the slightest idea of what a stall bar is (for real! Not even people in the gyms know what it is when you ask them!).

Either way, is there any minimum requirements to stick to?

Best,

Igor

Use anchors made of metal. There are a few styles, but they all work fine.

Stall bars may not be common, but mounting things to walls is, I'm sure the hardware will have what you need.