Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How hard can I work with Foundation?

Sascha Fast

Sascha Fast

Hi folks,

I am to get into the foundations and looking forward to follow a program to the single letter (I am a trainer myself and seeking for the opportunity not to be one). I have a pretty high work capacity (I train 2-3 times a day with various intensities with no problem whatsoever). I want to immerse myself into gymnastic strength training for a while. Is the foundations suitable to train multiple times a day? 

I am neither asking to take shortcuts nor the "I want things fast" BS. I want to know how much I can put myself into it (within my ability to recover). 

My plan is either to make gymnastic strength training the major part of my training for some time or have the need to embed it in my overall training schedule.

In short: How hard can I work with foundation (within my ability to recover)

Best of Luck
Sascha

Alessandro Mainente

If you are new to this system,no matter you actual level of fitness, you cant train 1 time a day for the PE elements and also train them 2 times a week. the reason is simply that joint preparation does not respond as the other energetic system in your body. if you can recover easily between 2 cardio following session..on the other side joints need more time. so the schedule should be adjusted in function of the weakest side.

• Upvote 4

Sascha Fast

Ah. I didn't include joint prep in my considerations. Thanks a lot.

Hopefully, my past work in joint prep gives me a little bit of foundation (no pun intended). :)

• Upvote 1

Sascha Fast

Have the PE Elements performance based criteria of advancement to the next stage in the curriculum or is the advancement purely time based? Have I to be able to do something to advance to the next PE Element of one progression or do I have to spend a specific amount of time with one element?

Jon Douglas
2 minutes ago, Sascha Fast said:

Have the PE Elements performance based criteria of advancement to the next stage in the curriculum or is the advancement purely time based? Have I to be able to do something to advance to the next PE Element of one progression or do I have to spend a specific amount of time with one element?

Purely performance based, provided adequate preparation is in place you can move quite rapidly.

Cyclic programming comes into play when mastery cannot be demonstrated for a new element, a strength / mobility pair :)

• Upvote 1