Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sydney GB Seminar

Gorjan Trivic

Gorjan Trivic

Hi everyone,

As the date of GB seminar in Sydney is getting close, I would like to know more details about the actual seminar program and how those 12hours will be spent?  Do we actually train all that time or...? Is there any assessments of all participants? Do all participants receive custom made program from C.Sommer based on those assessments, etc? Are F1 and H1 included in the seminar price? Will C.Sommer be present on that seminar?

I haven't checked this forum for a while, so I apologise if these questions are answered under some other topic.

I am fitness enthusiast who found this forum before couple of years. In the meantime I moved from South East Europe to Australia and I am excited to have so many possibilities here including attending world class seminars.

I am now 33years old, 201cm 116kg guy, who did a lot of weightlifting in the past including basketball training during the high school/university days. Martial arts, movement, outdoor activities and general wellbeing are my passion so I found information on this forum valuable as my goal is actually to move, enjoy life and be healthy. At one point of my weightlifting period I realized that I don't want to be a 133kg 'out of balance' giant, but rather a well balanced strong, agile and flexible man who has sustainable approach to the training and movement. The ultimate goal is to enjoy movement and sustain health as long as I am alive.

I am writing this in order to get proper details on seminar and to decide is it a good move for me to attend it.

Thanks.

Cheers

Edited by Gorjan Trivic

Jon Douglas

Hi Gorjan,

AFAIK this seminar will follow the same general templateas last years in Australia.

F1 and H1 are included in the seminar price

The weekend will be primarily training divided into a morning and afternoon module on each day. We will cover the big ticket level 1 seminar items and, depending on number of participants, ability and time constraints may go further in some areas. There will also be a lot of common mistake correction and theory discussion; I found this very valuable as I generally am happy to train alone and want to spend as much seminar time as possible learning things i can't on my own :)

Time and number of participants will determine a lot, such as how much attention we can put on particular issues in a given module. Definitely opportunity to discuss programming and ask plenty of questions. Last time in Sydney it was a full house and we had to stagger hands on training time with discussion; in the Adelaide one with more room : students we were going as much of the whole seminar time as we could all handle. 

Attendance of coaches is dependent on a few factors; usually it'll be Coach and Orench, but there's a lot going on. There'll be several certified trainers from Australia including myself running around who will provide extra pairs of hands and eyes too ;)

Bring questions, be prepared to get your basics perfect :)

Gorjan Trivic

Thanks Jon for detail answer.

How it is possible to get customized program from C.Sommer? H1 and F1 are included in the seminar price but what happens with GB Pro+ if you want to have that?

By the way, I remember you from that shoulder flexibility challenge (Nigel or somehow). I don't know what happened with that topic.

Edited by Gorjan Trivic

Gorjan Trivic

Anyway, I will buy seminar ticket, I have been following this forum for a while and this is a perfect opportunity to meet GB team.