Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Morning Fat Tea

Lakshmi Subramanian

Lakshmi Subramanian

Hello Coach,

I take this morning drink almost everyday. 

Blend the green tea with

1. 30Grams of Butter

2. 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil

3. Dash of Cinnamon, Turmeric

4. 2 Tsp of Raw Cocoa Powder. 

Blend it and drink it after I drink about 400ml of water. I do my workout or stretch after my morning fat tea. 

This is sort of inspired by Bulletproof coffee or Tim Ferriss version of it. 

I also believe that it maintains my Intermittent Fasting till I eat some carbs. 

Can you please advise if or not to continue this?

Thanks,

Lakshmi 

Edited by Lakshmi Subramanian

Sean Murphey

I always felt like this was one of those online health memes that's just complete broscience similar to Juice Fasts. Can't see any benefit to it, but no real harm either (other than drinking high calories), so if you like it go for it.

• Upvote 1

Fabio Pinna

All other things aside, this thing looks around 300-400 kcal. So it will definitely break your fast.

"Fasting" does not mean abstaining from carbs...

• Upvote 2

Douglas Wadle

Yep, just depends on your goals.  It is not maintaining your intermittent fast.  That would require not eating breakfast.  There may be benefit to not having carbs at breakfast and continuing fat burning longer into the day.  Of course, same could be obtained by having a few eggs, some avocados, and some veggies.  On the other hand, if you don't like eating breakfast and just want something in your stomach until lunch, do what makes you feel the best.  

• Upvote 2

Kevin Easton

I have done the bulletproof coffee before.  I used coffee + Butter + coconut oil and tossed it in the blender. 

First off, the taste is very good (make sure it's non-salted butter)

I felt full for an extended period of time after and never got that caffeine crash.

With fasting, the whole goal is to fast meaning not eat or drink any calories.  Typically black coffee or tea and/or water is what's recommended.

Lakshmi Subramanian

Thank you all for your inputs. If not anything, the take-away is that having Breakfast Fat breaks my IF and have to plan better. 

Fabio Pinna

Is intermittent fasting that important to you? I found that it completely killed my ability for performance, especially in the morning. Was useful to stay lean and good looking (ish), but for intense training it definitely did not work for me (and my clients). I'd be interested to know how it's working for you.

• Upvote 4

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.