Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thrive Level 1 During Early Parenthood?

Ryan Bailey

Ryan Bailey

I titled this thread accordingly because I wanted to share a glimpse into my specific Thrive 1 experience as a parent of 3 little nuggets running around our home.  Currently, I am in the final week of the course and wanted to publicly express my gratitude for Jeff and Coach for the great opportunity.

Initially, when the announcement of the Thrive course came out, I was not sure I could commit to the program as we recently had a newborn baby;  any parent understands this is not the ideal time to start a program that involves building functional habits for the better.

Learning of Jeff Serven's  credentials and background was also at first a bit intimidating. I had the false assumption in the back of my mind that I would need the training schedule, sleep patterns, and nutritional access of an NFL star to succeed.  This turned out not to be the case; I feel anyone can benefit from this program.   The real pride started to sink in, and grow, after getting a feel for the course set up and the accomplishments that must be earned though the completion of the steps. The opportunity to learn from the immense information that Jeff is able to teach in the course and in the Thrive Forum is incredibly beneficial.  It has helped me as an athlete, father, and professionally as a physical therapist.  For me, the skill of building a wide nutritional base for flexibility throughout the week, as well the social component was very important and unexpected. There has not been a feeling of "cutting" or dieting.  Quite the opposite, a robust feeling eager to take on the normal day, except for periodic lack of sleep from fatherhood.  The nutritional backdrop and scheduling provided makes you want to continually participate in all the real life moments we all enjoy such as the times hanging out with the buddies or going to the family gatherings.  The consistent pattern of enjoying excellent nutrition almost seems to bulletproof the moments chillin with the guys that are not always so optimal.  So in the spirit of sharing our beginner's GST accomplishments, I figured I'd share a couple shots. ( Its not a form check  ;))

The 2 photos are 56 days apart (From day 1 to just about 2 months into the program).  The 2nd picture is also full belly, after a hearty Thrive style lunch, and well hydrated.

I now weigh about what I did my junior year in high school when I was playing year round sports.  Except now, I feel stronger and more mobile from all of Coach's Foundation work + Thrive! 

Thrive 1 Before.jpg  3.jpg

Much thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Bailey
Pic
  • Upvote 20

Jeff Serven

Ryan, 

Thanks for the kind words but the hard work was done by you. Congratulations! Great work and great conversations (in the private forum) along the road to your success. 

Cheers,
Jeff

• Upvote 3

• Jeff Serven featured this topic
Ghazi Jeiroudi

Congrats Ryan, I just started Thrive last week and just like you I have three kids (5yr, 3yr and 5months). I've gone through a bunch of strength and diet programs over the last few years and realized, just as you have, that we can make anything work in almost any situation if we want it to. If I may ask, what physical training program are you doing in combination with Thrive?

• Upvote 2

Jon Giordano

Hi Ryan,

Congrats... and excellent work!   This thread helped my decision to get started now as I have a 3 year old son and 11 week old daughter.  

I'm looking forward to the adventure - congrats again.

Jon 

• Upvote 2

Ryan Bailey
10 hours ago, Ghazi Jeiroudi said:

If I may ask, what physical training program are you doing in combination with Thrive?

Movement as conditioning  (primarily the diagnostics found in Coach's Tumbling 1 course because I am pretty weak and stiff. I find this adds more complexity, intensity, and real life carryover to the system vs. Traditional cardio.) 

Stretch series (All 3, Front Split, Thoracic Bridge, Middle Split), I find Movement and Stretch to be my long term goals as I see no combination of both flexibility and an ability to move on the ground in my older, adult patients.

Foundation 1 (Reduced frequency from F7 3x/week schedule to 3 day split with periodic 2-a-days especially after failing mastery attempts)

Handstand and press Handstand (Beginning stages primarily working mobility).

Thanks and great hearing about both of you; looking forward to hearing about your success.

Enjoy the adventures on the Thrive forum!

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
Oussama KHELLADI

very pleasant post congratulation :) 

pardon my curiosity how was Your BF % before and after?

i just purshased Thrive and am very exited to make changes like it did with GST 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan Bailey

No BF measurements taken. Although, I am awaiting some blood work results from March  (Pre) and June (Post Thrive 1 course). Interestingly,

Pre blood pressure results:  120/73

Post blood pressure results: 100/60.

Pre resting heart rate: 66

Post HR: 60

On a side note, (for context), it is interesting talking about short term gains as it can show the power of an intervention. However, now looking back upon the completion of Thrive 1, it really feels more like the beginning of an enjoyable path of eating with a long term, sustainable focus. Not just a short-term snap shot.

• Upvote 1

Oussama KHELLADI
6 hours ago, Ryan Bailey said:

No BF measurements taken. Although, I am awaiting some blood work results from March  (Pre) and June (Post Thrive 1 course). Interestingly,

Pre blood pressure results:  120/73

Post blood pressure results: 100/60.

Pre resting heart rate: 66

Post HR: 60

On a side note, (for context), it is interesting talking about short term gains as it can show the power of an intervention. However, now looking back upon the completion of Thrive 1, it really feels more like the beginning of an enjoyable path of eating with a long term, sustainable focus. Not just a short-term snap shot.

thank you for replying, yes its not just about the look its a  bit of curiosity to see where the fat goes much more than others i measured once am about 12% so i can see if we are in the same path since getting below 10 is a little harder than getting below 15 for example ,

i will start thrive next week and we will see after 2 months :D

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.