Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Form Check For Open Planche, AGAIN with video

David Birchall

David Birchall

Built up to 5x30 previously at a lower however I wasn't leaning forward enough and it made it much easier it seems.  Consequently my extensions were too high and not parallel (I was taking the leg extension videos literally when I think they should have a parallel body, hollow with PPT.

I just want to check I'm doing it right this time.

Video:

And I think I know which one is right but would just like to make sure.  Hollow, rounded back seems more correct to me as then parallel body can be achieved with Posterior Pelvic Tilt (PPT) while a flatter back means more Anterior Pelvic Tilt and thus IMO less pretty once on to straddle & easier to perform which is why I lose PPT as strength dwindles... I think?

A. This looks right to me however should the back be more rounded like in B?

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 02.10.02.png

B. Back more rounded & hips slightly higher

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 02.12.22.png

C. Pretty sure this version is incorrect however I would like clarification on this if possible.  Flatter back & more parallel with the floor.  I default to this as strength dwindles.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 02.12.35.png

Alessandro Mainente

Upperback shoulder rounded with depressed scapulae, hips at shoulders level, legs should be mooooore opened.

Mikkel Ravn
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

legs should be mooooore opened.

So increase the angle between the legs - The angle between the torso and the femur is very large in this example (exceeding mastery requirements), isn't it?