Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobile App?

Christian Hoyt

Christian Hoyt

Hello! I really like the course structure, and have enjoyed GST. Is there any intention to build a mobile app for this? I don't generally use many apps, but creating one for GST would make the system dramatically easier to manage and implement in my opinion. Potentially much easier than pulling out my laptop or navigating my phone's web browser. Possibly low-hanging fruit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Coach Sommer

A GB App is scheduled for development, but the very earliest it would start would be late in the 4th quarter of 2016.

There are a number of other priority items ahead of the app which require our attention first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 8

William Strømsvold

I think the webpage upgrade works very well with my phone now, and don't see the need for locking it into an app. Better with a mobile compatible app which works with all platforms, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Graeme Wright
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:45 AM, Markus Klein said:

An app with the videos available offline would be perfect.

Late to the game here, but this is what I'd love to see as well.  In previous fitness regimes I have had apps that allowed downloading for offline viewing, and while they took up a fair bit of space on my phone, it was incredibly convenient, and all-round user friendly.

I'm glad to hear this is in the development cue, but would love to know more about what the plan is!

• 4 months later...
Daniel Stassen
On 2 June 2016 at 0:43 AM, Coach Sommer said:

A GB App is scheduled for development, but the very earliest it would start would be late in the 4th quarter of 2016.

There are a number of other priority items ahead of the app which require our attention first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hi Coach Sommer,

We're now in the 3rd quarter of 2017.

Is the app coming out soon?

I'm often required to travel in remote areas of South East Asia with no internet access. Therefore, I'd love to be able to download content before traveling thereby allowing me to progress during my trips.

Cheers,

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Stassen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Elke Saunders

I agree an app would be really, really beneficial. Since this program relies on consistency, those of us that don't have reliable internet access cannot really participate in the programs that we have purchased. I am heading out for two months to a remote area in Alaska with no wifi, and again for a couple months this winter in Central America.  What am I supposed to do with the progressions? I could do the same workouts over and over and just add reps. But I won't have access to any of the form instruction or to the progressions. I own an app for surf training that has 150 of form videos and preloaded workouts. It's several years old, not amazing but it works. If they can do it you can do it.  Also, it would be a great way to get more exposure and introduce more people to GST.

• 2 weeks later...

The App is a work in progress, no ETA at this moment. GB won't let you down, just takes time to make it perfect. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Franco Falaschi
On 9/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, Tanya Hill said:

The App is a work in progress, no ETA at this moment. GB won't let you down, just takes time to make it perfect. 

Are you taking suggestions? I´m a Digital product designer and I think I can help you a lot to speed up the process, I´ve been working on a prototype actually because I needed the videos on my phone.

• 2 months later...

Hi Team, 

Do you have an update on the mobile app release?  I'm happy to volunteer to user-test a prototype or beta version. I'm a digital product manager for consumer facing products, so I'm used to giving actionable user feedback. 

Hi Grant, 

I know it has been a long time coming but the final details are getting flushed out for the APP. We do not yet have a set launch date.. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 7 months later...
Danielle Duncan

App updates please? I think a lot of us travel, and internet isn't always a guarantee =).  It would be awesome to have mobile friendly training! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Coach Sommer

When the app is ready, we’ll let everyone know.

In the meantime, a LOT of new content and website features (like the three new Restore courses) are headed your way.   Stay tuned.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Maria antonia Tiosejo

Hi,

Its been 2 months now, hard to practice and study the exercises in this program because of really BAD SIGNAL in the gym. 

I really want to maximize this unli package that I have purchased from GB.  

Please advice how to practice the techniques even if no internet signal.  thank you

Antonio Alías Montoya
28 minutes ago, Maria antonia Tiosejo said:

Hi,

Its been 2 months now, hard to practice and study the exercises in this program because of really BAD SIGNAL in the gym. 

I really want to maximize this unli package that I have purchased from GB.  

Please advice how to practice the techniques even if no internet signal.  thank you

Study the technique at home.

• 9 months later...
Christopher Schwab

Hey guys - just wanted to check on this as it has been about a year. Is there any update on the mobile app? Is it still planned, or has it been shuttered?

Coach Sommer

Patience.

In the last few months you have received numerous new classes and courses, a class finder, interactive calendar and integrated plans.  More on the way.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 1

Matthew Walker

Being a software developer myself, I can tell you that from a business/technology standpoint, mobile applications (the ones from App Store/Play store) are slowly becoming less desirable. With the increase in internet access, processing power of phones and other devices, and browser standards becoming more in sync it is a lot easier and cost effective to build applications for the web. To get all the functionality of the web, especially with all the new enhancements onto a mobile app for multiple platforms is a huge lift. Maintenance is a nightmare...especially dealing with Apple.  

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
Christopher M Muniz

Bumping this up to the top but instead of an app would love to see gymfit be accessible through Roku! Just thinking out loud...